Sponsored Links

Three network 5G roll out making gains

Yes I'm still wondering where my 3 pole of wonder bits n pieces are, not even a shovel lying about yet.:mad:
All in due course 😌. I’m not getting one at all so your lucky in that respect πŸ˜‚

Why aren't you getting a 3 pole of wonder? :unsure:

Did your councils computer say no? :confused:

Why aren't you getting a 3 pole of wonder? :unsure:

Did your councils computer say no? :confused:
Three predicted coverage + a huge stone viaduct. Go figure!

Man threes network has got some major issues around Birmingham today, coverage has dropped, just travelling down a main road from town I've lost coverage and/or data service every 2/3 minutes.

Earlier today everything ground to a halt, couldn't stream music to save my life.

I think the need for a 5G device is returning to get working service with Three.
I’ve had nothing like that up here in the fields, don’t know what’s up with their network there then. I did notice however that it slowed to a crippling 2mbps but that was only in the evening, ~8pm onwards

Aw what a bummer. 😒
Yeah, it’s one of the contributing facts as to why my 5G service was so ****. I do have a 5G mast just up the road from my house but the viaduct makes it all but useless

If the viaduct's unused, just remove a brick every so often, it will work eventually. ;)
It’s a highly active walkway 😒. If only I could….. don’t think Bradford council would be happy that I’ve deconstructed their 200 year old viaduct πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

No I don't think they'd approve. 😊
Planning permission I suppose but I don't think they would accept "I WANT THE 5GS FOR MY INTERNETTTTTT" as a valid reason

That's a valid reason though surely....

I submitted a similar coimoment with support for a Phase 8 recently to my local council.

EDIT:

My actuall comment was,

I support Three's application, the Hawkesley area severely lacks in mobile reception and this coverage addition will give options to residents for more reliable mobile service and also the option of another auperfast broadband provider
Hehe, I challenge the local MP to have 4 people all with multiple devices online at once use 50Mbps internet and not pull their hair out πŸ‘

I certainly don’t😁
Atm I’m using my B535 in conjunction with an ECI Openreach modem (wish I’d got a huawei one but I can’t complain since I oly paid a pound for the ECI). This lets me get my BT connection into a decent router and when my connection fails it drops onto an EE Pay and go data sim. I bought one of the new Amazon only ones (Β£50 for 120GB that lasts a year (Β£4/mth for 10GB!) and I set up a direct debit so it’s due to double to 240GB next year!)

(y)

What do the 5G masts look like?

I was under the impression that 5G masts are not big, but small, however there are more of them to cover an area. Is that right or are they like the old 4G/3G masts. How much area does one 5G mast cover?

Is there a way of checking what's planned for Birmingham and where the existing masts are?
The new monopoles are bloody massive, 20m high vs an 11m 4g mast.
Screenshot_20210821_090514.jpg

This is my local one and the planning application documents, it'll dwarf the old 4g mast until it's removed
Screenshot_20210821_090824_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

They've put the cover on the base of my new one but no sign of the big crane to hoist the mast into place.

I wish Chester would have more 5G, especially Vodafone and O2 as I have a mast quite close but points the opposite way for 4G, and hope if they just added 5G equipment to this it would be 360 and make my dreams a reality.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: Β£25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules