Sponsored Links

Three network 5G roll out making gains

Yes sure, it was approved on the 4th of August, with the test hole start date of the 27th September.
Thanks for that. So wasn’t that much of a wait time. Fingers crossed I will see some work on my pole starting this month too. Do you or anyone else know from the moment the pole is installed till how long it takes for it to be activated? Also I discovered another pole that has been installed but they still doing some works around it about 5-10 min drive away from me. I wonder how far the 5G signal can travel from that pole. Does anyone know the maximum range the signal can travel?

Thanks for that. So wasn’t that much of a wait time. Fingers crossed I will see some work on my pole starting this month too. Do you or anyone else know from the moment the pole is installed till how long it takes for it to be activated? Also I discovered another pole that has been installed but they still doing some works around it about 5-10 min drive away from me. I wonder how far the 5G signal can travel from that pole. Does anyone know the maximum range the signal can travel?
There was one in Denholme which was installed a year ago and it's only just been activated and this very day the old phase 5 was removed.

This is the one the phase 7 replaced.
Screenshot_2021-08-30-17-05-40-233_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

Uh oh a year? I wonder what took them so long.
It was installed fairly promptly, but the switch on took forever, probably since the old one was microwave backhaul, the new one being fibre.

Uh oh a year? I wonder what took them so long.
I sure hope it doesn't take that long for mine. Hopefully not seeing there's a next month date for my test hole. :LOL:

I sure hope they don't find a rock the size of Gibraltar where X marks the spot. :rolleyes:

Looks like i'll be waiting a long while then still then (and still am). Maybe they have to remove old poles serving an area? There are 2 quite close to me which incidentally are performing poorly now
Upload speeds for me have taken a nosedive , would regularly see 20/30+mbit now its sub 5.

Three seem to have made a change in how they use CA here, Band 3 used to CA with 20, now it will only do CA with 20 as the primary band, a welcome change since i no longer get stuck on band 20 only with terrible data speeds.

Three seem to have made a change in how they use CA here, Band 3 used to CA with 20, now it will only do CA with 20 as the primary band, a welcome change since i no longer get stuck on band 20 only with terrible data speeds.
It only ever CA with 20 when I had a Samsung pre May time

I solely locked 20 and 32 bands as that’s all it ever worked on.

When 1 and 3 were included it wouldn’t work.
Here to, but only with band 3 as the primnary band, never witth 20 as primary, when i used to fall onto band 20 it didnt CA and was extremely slow

Tbh I think it’s down to the device carrier policy and aggregation settings. Peter C changed his carrier settings on his OP 9 pro so he could access SA 700MHz in a video. Just a thought

Here to, but only with band 3 as the primnary band, never witth 20 as primary, when i used to fall onto band 20 it didnt CA and was extremely slow
On my B525 if I select bands 3 and 20 then B20 will always be the primary, never works the other way around.
cacombos.com says it should work either way so it must be the network that dictates what CA combo works on any given mask.

Tbh I think it’s down to the device carrier policy and aggregation settings. Peter C changed his carrier settings on his OP 9 pro so he could access SA 700MHz in a video. Just a thought
SA 5G, in UK?! Which video is this?

SA 5G, in UK?! Which video is this?
SA 4G!

His device Carrier Settings were only letting him connect to 700MHz 4G if the 5G connection was there so he modified it to let him connect to SA 700MHz. Did I mention this was on Three

SA 4G!

His device Carrier Settings were only letting him connect to 700MHz 4G if the 5G connection was there so he modified it to let him connect to SA 700MHz. Did I mention this was on Three

What...?

This isnt SA - Peter modified his policy so that B28 will now aggregate with other 4G carriers on Three, the configurations for which his device didn't have originally.
B28 was originally only available as a single band (no other 4G carriers in aggregation), or in combination with n78 5G.

What...?

This isnt SA - Peter modified his policy so that B28 will now aggregate with other 4G carriers on Three, the configurations for which his device didn't have originally.
B28 was originally only available as a single band (no other 4G carriers in aggregation), or in combination with n78 5G.
Oooh ok, I must have misunderstood. Sorry about that everyone :D

Decided to get closer to the new 5G mast in Congleton and test the speeds, very disappointing for 5G with 100mhz bandwidth!

Attachments

• 20210905_143615.jpg
    20210905_143615.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Screenshot_20210905-143709_Speedtest.jpg
    Screenshot_20210905-143709_Speedtest.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 110
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules