Sponsored Links

Three network 5G roll out making gains

If the pole is already built then it’s unlikely you’ll find any info on the planning site. It an indication something is happening though but I’m my experience these things pop up lots of times during the built process of the mast and give no indication on go live
The monopole is already is live I think its upgrade works

Try searching for CityFibre or CK Hutchison
Tried everything still could not find it might not be on the Tower Hamlets planing section as Im thinking its only an upgrade not a new installation of a new mast / monopole thats why is not there

Tried everything still could not find it might not be on the Tower Hamlets planing section as Im thinking its only an upgrade not a new installation of a new mast / monopole thats why is not there
Ah yeah could be, I know councils in Scotland are more liberal as it’s a swap 4G/5G add on not a install and permitted. Monopoles of 5G are another matter with all their street cabinets.

You also may find in London applications on neighbouring councils (or anywhere a few miles on any council boundary) are useful to you given close proximity and how short 5G wavebands travel. I know my city council is surrounded by three separate much larger regional councils so it’s always good to check, esp now given 5G very short frequencies.

I've taken a closer look at this and based on what is already installed there I don't 'THINK' this is a 5G upgrade.

It looks to be an older monopole and unlikey to have any 5G added (atleast by Three anyway), EE could potentially do something using DSS but that's unlikely too.

To upgrade this site with anything significant they would need to install new monopole and cabinets and that would 1. definately need som approval and 2. likely be refused or impossible due to space and also surrounding foliage.

Mast and Location
Looks like cabinets are already there, depends on local council policy. Straight swap within permitted slight alterations or full planning app.

They could just be stripping out HUAWEI for Ericsson 4G which wouldn’t need planning per se, given it’s a central Gov requirement but again that comes down to local gov as permitted if planning permits are needed for the Gov enforced swap.

U.K. Gov hasn’t been very good on 5G other than getting mainly cash via Ofcom it’s dogsbody.

I've taken a closer look at this and based on what is already installed there I don't 'THINK' this is a 5G upgrade.

It looks to be an older monopole and unlikey to have any 5G added (atleast by Three anyway), EE could potentially do something using DSS but that's unlikely too.

To upgrade this site with anything significant they would need to install new monopole and cabinets and that would 1. definately need som approval and 2. likely be refused or impossible due to space and also surrounding foliage.

Mast and Location
Its a 5G monopole mast pic I took plus info from cellmapper confirms it

Attachments

• IMG_20201112_222039.jpg
    IMG_20201112_222039.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 94
  • Screenshot_20210917_211914_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20210917_211914_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 84
Its a 5G monopole mast
Great, well given tech always gets smaller ripping old Sammy/HUAWEI out for 4/5G 2021 Ericsson may be possible to not upgrade cabinet sizes, that’s a win, here’s hoping you get full packed Ericsson in the available cabinets space :)

Great, well given tech always gets smaller ripping old Sammy/HUAWEI out for 4/5G 2021 Ericsson may be possible to not upgrade cabinet sizes, that’s a win, here’s hoping you get full packed Ericsson in the available cabinets space :)
Its already an Ericsson 5G monopole mast site

How does either of these pics say its 5G, the message on CellMapper

Updated on Aug 8, 2020:
  • Add 5G tower support

This just refers to the website and 5G towers are not 5G towers until they go full NR SA (how many times must this be told to you)
Im not saying its 5G im just going by the fact that when I checked my parents post code for 5G coverage it says they have indoor and outdoor coverage and the mast they put up is an Ericsson monopole mast.

My logic it might be an active live 5G mast.

A while back they did not have 5G coverage at all when the monopole mast was installed a while later the coverage checker says they have 5G indoor and outdoor coverage I could be wrong.

When there was no 5G coverage officially at the time Three told me face the Cpe pro router towards limehouse direction nearest room which i did thats where I got good speeds like near 200mbps.

If I take the cpe pro to my parents house i can then identify where the signal is coming from.

Its a 5G monopole mast pic I took plus info from cellmapper confirms it
All locations will say August 2020 - Add 5G tower support as below, a 4G only site in my area.

I wish we could stop you posting a bit til you’re a little more literate.

Attachments

• 31C6CEBC-201E-4772-8EEE-1900226F206C.jpg
    31C6CEBC-201E-4772-8EEE-1900226F206C.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 57
I i kill
All locations will say August 2020 - Add 5G tower support as below, a 4G only site in my area.

I wish we could stop you posting a bit til you’re a little more literate.
The mast is the same as the first pic grey color mast exposed antennas.

@zakir1988 - assuming we are talking about the monopole on Redmans Road, Stepney Green, it hasn't changed, its still eNB12382.

All new Three masts come with different new eNB ID's the one mentioned above is still broadcasting which suggests its either not been replaced or not upgraded
All i can see is the new monopole mast

Take a PIC when you get time, maybe check the eNB on cellmapper too or get cell ID from router

IMG_20210918_155137.jpg

This is the mast here is the the cabinet pic https://ibb.co/PWrnSnv
The picture on Google street view of redmens road is outdated you cant see the new 5G mast

Redmans Road E1 Tower Hamlets Borough this is the only Monopole Mast I have seen in Tower Hamlets borough as its near my parents house maybe theres more monopole mast installed like this in Tower Hamlets which I haven't come across most I know are 5G rooftop mast installed.

Them Three silver cabinets you can see where recently installed it wasn't there last time I checked in around January 2021

Other monopole mast I have seen are thses type only seen Vodafone and conerstone one in one near sainburys Whitechapel Cornerstone and one Queen Mary University Vodafone.

Here is a pic of the Vodafone mast near Queen marry taken from Streetview.
Screenshot_20210918_161524_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

View attachment 1570

This is the mast here is the the cabinet pic https://ibb.co/PWrnSnv

Redmans road
Maybe DPD Local delivered new pole on the fly lol.

If it’s a replacement it need not have planning permission, that comes down to council policy, conservation and the individual public sector worker employee take on it, communication via email with a Local Authority usually takes place for like for like or near as, the planning LA PSW employee makes the call the does it require planning permission or it’s it permitted replacement.

What works for one LA planning PSW in the same LA doesn’t work for the other (same as all decisions in LA, who generally follow policy not the actual legislation), some lazy LA employees make decisions on LA policy but a good LA employee knows their legislation ontop of LA policy.

Looks like a good LA planning PSW knows their legislation and no planning permission needed for replacement, now if they wanted to dig up the road to also upgrade fibre backhaul to the new monopole planning permission application would be have to be done through the proper public channels, seems this may have been signed off as a like for like standard replacement with no planning permission application needed, esp if their vans did not have to be parked on the road adjacent to the actual site/no road works.

Simple LA ‘carry on’ by email, with a promise no doubt the road/parh access would not be compromised. Maybe stipulation of 6-8am actually replacement when path/parkway quiet.

Planning officials have a lot of leeway where disruption to the public paths and roads is minimal, but that’s legislation not LA policy that most follow to a T.

Good stuff this permission, 5G needs this easy access given the state of Openreach.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules