Sponsored Links

Three network 5G roll out making gains

I'm getting a solid 7-10mbps upload at the moment which is fine for multiple teams calls, voip calls, rdp etc with 2x people working from home.

That'll only improve with the new mast.

My new one has gone in overnight last night I think, it wasn't there at 6pm last night and it's been blowing a hooley all this morning...

View from the upstairs bedroom window...

Screenshot-20210927-163914-com-google-android-apps-photos.jpg

4g antennas installed, 5g going on in the next few days I'd think. The old 4g mast beside it is getting removed not expecting any signal before then.

That's 300m away with almost perfect line of sight. Currently getting 160-200mbps with line of sight, at 2.4km away... 🤣
Looks very bucolic 👌😀

Seems like the planned upgrades works they did didnt go to plan slight problem they encountered now doing some emergency works.
Screenshot_20210928_105255.jpg

It's becoming clear to me that there is favourite operators with Birmingham City Council and Three is certainly not one of them or atleast not paying its dues!!!

All other applciations for new masts have moved forward swiftly, with O2's new indendant monopole being placed next to already new cornerstone VF one and build in progress with load of new cabs already in place.
Not looking good for Three network in Birmingham eventually they will get it done installing 5G will taker longer then other networks.

In my area looks like EE and Vodafone have the most 5G coverage from what im seeing on there coverage checker in Tower Hamlets

5G from EE isn't exactly as it appears on the maps, alot of deceiving from what I experianced trying EE's 5G a while back.

Not to mention the lack of MaMIMO is many setups and also the use of DSS.
They do say coverage checker is only a guide as you know. EE boasting about being most available 5G network in UK which can be true but lack of suitable 5G set up only some EE, Three, 02 and Vodafone monopole/mast are fully equipped to give good 5G speeds.

My cousin brother who lives near a Three 5G mast only gives him over 200mbps speeds on his cpe pro you would expect better speeds as his Three mast is only 2min walk away from him.

What I'm thinking Three are doing cause UK government got rid of Huawei network some of there 5G equipment is Huawei so looks like they are focusing on putting in new planning application for monopoles / mast and those existing 5G monopole /mast with Huawei equipment are dealt with later as it will cost them more to remove and replace.

Three UK says its 5G plans are under threat if tower merger with Euro giant Cellnex is blocked​

Street lamps and bus shelters to help boost 5G roll out in £4 million trial​

We know some other countries already have done that on there 4G networks and have done the same with 5G its good deployment in urban areas mainly.

America have small cell 5G installed to lamp posts as you might know in urban areas.

First choice Huawei 5G equipment was early deployed in the UK cause of the ban they cant tweak it to give better speeds delay delays.

I may be wrong, but with Cellnex purchasing the towers or whatever, and wanting a somewhat quick return, would it not be viable for them to upgrade those masts as soon as practical as I assume they would get a cut from the network for doing the work and subscribers etc. returning more profit for shareholders?

Probably looking too far it at 😅

Screenshot_20211013_111749.jpg
Screenshot_20211013_111812.jpg
My parents post code now officially says 5G broadband available Im thinking is it cause they did upgrade works recently its says average speeds of 200mbps when I put in my uncles post code says he can get 5G broadband but doesn't say average speeds guess its more then 200mbps thats why they saying that area might get lower speeds which was added recently they still haven't upgraded the 5G mast near Stepney Green Station as local council gave permission where he lives takes time to upgrade as they need to order equipment etc..

I was getting 5G long time ago at my parents house when it was Relish told me point the router towards limehouse on 2 bars was getting over 100mbps speeds some might remember me saying this

SMARTY CS just now;
"I can imagine that and feel the same disappointment, you can be assured 5G will be launching real soon and the day is not that far that we will be glad to announce this :)"

I have checked some local post codes in E1, E2 and E3 they have added Three 5G broadband Im still waiting for Three to officially bring 5G to my post code.

Interestingly it's the same in the ME7 postcode, just been told 5g is available (although I've had it for weeks) and the council have said no to all the Three applications for new Poles. Makes you wonder how it's actually happening!

Interestingly it's the same in the ME7 postcode, just been told 5g is available (although I've had it for weeks) and the council have said no to all the Three applications for new Poles. Makes you wonder how it's actually happening!
If the local council said no to all the Three network applications for new poles it definitely be that they have added 5G to there existing sites might be rooftop sites.

Networks prefer monopole mast as they can house more equipment needed to provide better speeds in my opinion but most of the time they get refused.

Three has said I can leave my broadband contract without paying any termination fee.

when the black friday deals come I might try and leave Three and re-sign up to Three 5G broadband as now they give cpe pro 2. Currently have cpe pro.

Last edited:
If the local council said no to all the Three network applications for new poles it definitely be that they have added 5G to there existing sites might be rooftop sites.

Networks prefer monopole mast as they can house more equipment needed to provide better speeds in my opinion but most of the time they get refused.

Three has said I can leave my broadband contract without paying any termination fee.

when the black friday deals come I might try and leave Three and re-sign up to Three 5G broadband as now they give cpe pro 2. Currently have cpe pro.
They switched my Pro for a Pro 2 when I complained it was locked. Might be worth a call to customer services if you want to speed things up a little?

They switched my Pro for a Pro 2 when I complained it was locked. Might be worth a call to customer services if you want to speed things up a little?
Problem is I cancelled the contract without paying any termination fees I did call again to see what they say they said they cant do nothing about it as its a cancelled contract still they say cpe pro can be unlocked which it cant be unlocked at all and sending me another unlock code which I said it won't work at all.

I rather buy a 5G router outright which im waiting for manufacturers to release for consumers to buy. I did tweet Acer about Predator Connect X5 5G CPE Router when its releasing all they said is
Hi there. We are also excited to release it. Stick with us to be updated.

Problem is I cancelled the contract without paying any termination fees I did call again to see what they say they said they cant do nothing about it as its a cancelled contract still they say cpe pro can be unlocked which it cant be unlocked at all and sending me another unlock code which I said it won't work at all.

I rather buy a 5G router outright which im waiting for manufacturers to release for consumers to buy. I did tweet Acer about Predator Connect X5 5G CPE Router when its releasing all they said is
Hi there. We are also excited to release it. Stick with us to be updated.
Taking them a long time zakir1988, was it not announced in May?
The dreaded chip shortage maybe?:unsure:

I know there is global chip shortage
It looks very similar to the Huawei CPE Pros zakir1988, I do prefer the black to the white, but not much known about it really so far regarding band selection etc.

I just take for granted being able to select and aggregate any of the bands with my CPE Pro 2 and the excellent Hua Ctrl app.

Will look forward to finding out more about it when it's eventually released.:cool:

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules