Sponsored Links

Three/SMARTY Band 20 gone

IgNG

Top Member
Three/SMARTY Band 20 gone over the weekend. Checked using LTE discovery, mast no change, still getting a decent speed, up to 70Mb/s. No maintenance posted on the website. Bit of a puzzle.

Plus "The planned work is done to upgrade the mast in the area, so in future we will get better coverage.
This also requires close co-ordination between different departments and we also need to seek permission from the land owners on which the mast is placed."

So, maybe a new mast in the future? 5G ;)

Sponsored Links
We had an outage on Saturday. I don't think it was only B20 though because when I put the SIM in my phone it didn't pick up anything, even when I moved to clear sight of a B3 mast. Interestingly it corresponded to an outage on EE as well, but O2 was OK. So that's a bit odd, a fault affecting two masts and two carriers. Unless it was a coincidence of course.

I have to call back on the 25th if no change, so it's pretty serious. Still no B20.

We had an outage on Saturday. I don't think it was only B20 though because when I put the SIM in my phone it didn't pick up anything, even when I moved to clear sight of a B3 mast. Interestingly it corresponded to an outage on EE as well, but O2 was OK. So that's a bit odd, a fault affecting two masts and two carriers. Unless it was a coincidence of course.
MBNL mast, smells of backhaul failure.

Sponsored Links
This is one of the problems, on/off, on/off etc. Grr

Attachments

• Smarty-210926w.jpg
    Smarty-210926w.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 119
My smarty sim kept doing this during testing. Couldn’t for the life of me work out why.

They changed something locally here and it’s rubbish now.

Band 20 is back but signal dropped to 3G. :( Not good! 130k dl

Attachments

• fast130k.PNG
    fast130k.PNG
    48.1 KB · Views: 60
Sponsored Links
Can’t check properly what band im connected to as I am iPhone, I know there’s the back info shortcut but for some reason it doesn’t update.

Seems solid 4g around 15-35mbps so definitely better than it was.

Band 20 gone again. This has appeared, wasn't there before.

We’re fixing an issue with our network in this area​

We’re sorry for any disruption you experience. Our engineers are working on masts nearby, which means the rest of our network is handling more traffic than usual.

Updates on our work will be posted here. We’re working as fast as we can to build a better, stronger network in your area.

You can find more help and advice below. And you can read more about our Big Network Build here.

Last updated on 09:45 pm 27 September 2021.

F10CB109-AF8F-495E-A202-2C93A8162EB7.jpg

iPhone has finally revamped the hidden menu and it’s actually quite informative.

My 4G disappeared a few mins ago strangely 😑 was working fine up to a point.

Sponsored Links
It was letting me flow between O2 and Three and each had their own specific information on refresh.

Assuming the 4x4 is the Three mast nearby with 5G and band 32 activated, and then 2x2 would be any other mast around me.

I’m in a weird location with 3 connecting masts similar distance apart so probably explains why my smarty sim changes all the time, it’s annoying as it drops to 3G a lot, because it’s the stronger signal out of the local masts at that time possibly?

Edit: your post above just confirmed that.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules