Sponsored Links

Three Still Up Tops for 5G Speed

The Wee Bear

ULTIMATE Member
1657120278.jpg

Screenshot_20220706-161831_Word.jpg

That's nice folks, the network we love to hate, but love it really, just won the Speedtest award again for fastest 5G speeds in the UK.

EE will be delighted I'm sure. 😊

Interesting number on the speed score and test counts.

Vodafone seems to have done well too.
Yes I noticed that JP, quite surprising.
No real surprise who came last though. :rolleyes:

Hmm.... no comment, they're my main provider.

My three sims getting disconnected by end of week and my EE sim is sitting dormant.
Aw poor EE and three sims. 😢

Sponsored Links
is it just me that the Ookla speedtest times out on using O2 or does anyone else see this issue?
mine rarely loads using sky... it can't find the servers so I end up using fast.com which never shows anything above 25mbit for 4G or 5G in my area.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news for you guys but I've used the Ookla site to test O2, Three and Vodafone on 5G - Not once has it ever timed out on any operator not even O2 especially as I don't count 5G under 100Mbps.

No they're not paying me either for that, so no idea why others get issues.

Sponsored Links
is it just me that the Ookla speedtest times out on using O2 or does anyone else see this issue?

You’re not alone, it’s happening all the time on my O2 network sim too and I’ll tell you something it is getting frustrating. I do think O2 might be shaping some of this traffic due to the utter congestion on their network.

Adding speedtests to the network won’t be doing it any favours so the traffic might just occasionally getting stopped in it’s tracks.

You’re not alone, it’s happening all the time on my O2 network sim too and I’ll tell you something it is getting frustrating. I do think O2 might be shaping some of this traffic due to the utter congestion on their network.

Adding speedtests to the network won’t be doing it any favours so the traffic might just occasionally getting stopped in it’s tracks.
I've tried O2 dns, dns-over-https, dns-over-tls no difference.

The technology upgrades on Three of late its hardly a surpising result that Three is winning the 5G race. It needs to up its consistency now too and improve coverage in some rural locations.

I recently went up the west highland line to Corrour. My O2 sim thrashed Three for coverage with very consistent 4G coverage on my iPad. Yeah… throughout very rarely went over 40mbit/s but that’s not what counts when you’re in a rural location.

it is however an improving picture for Three, Vodafone and EE but most especially Three.

Sponsored Links
4 new poles of wonder have planning permission in around me.

All 4 have 30+ objections thanks to Anti-5G police.
Testing my new support bot :)
IMG_20211026_170754.jpg

My Pole of Wonder planning permission application only had 1 comment and it praised the idea to the heavens and informed North Ayrshire Council that they were the best thing since sliced bread.

Wonder who made that comment? :unsure:😇

It worked though, It was given permission with no restrictions.😊

Just a shame the erection team didn't like the rain, they haven't been seen since October last year.:cry:

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5468)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules