Sponsored

Three - W.I.T.A.F

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
So as many of you may of picked up on my other posts I've been using Three for my main mobile phone for the past 2-3 months and accepted there would be some issues (ie. speed) but considering I do very little on my phone these days but stream a little 128kbps music on the way too and from work and check public transport schedules plus maybe the odd message or call.....

Well the past week I've found myself at my wits end with the damned network, to the point where today I ended up thing W.I.T.A.F.......

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL F***

I understand the network is stuggling but c'mon, its just offline every fricken day and the worst part of this is that the areas affected are 5G upgraded and sporting extra bands such as Band 32 along with Band's 1,3,20 and even 28 in two locations in the Birmingham central area.

So when offline I mean, there is a X in the data symbol/signal, it affects both 3G and 4G, switching APN's doesn't help, I can't send messages, music halts, can't get any webpages to load....

EDIT: I Should add that the X isn't always present, this wil happen when the phone thinks the network is working!

The issues aren't iosolated to one mast either, we're talking connectivity over 2-3 miles is just ****ed, its just about usabled at 5-6am but after that no chance until 2am again (I work weird and wonderful shifts)

As I said above, the issues have been ongoing since July when I signed up and have only got worse as people have been returing to the office.... but wait.... half the area I work is also closed down, the main A456 road is also reduced traffic and closed throughout the affected area which leaves what used to be the busiest street in Birmingham and ghost town now.... yet NO DATA.

I can accept crap speeds, but when a message is delayed by over 5 mins over the journey of 1-2 miles on an main A or B road, I've got to say enough is enough.

Because of this, O2 has just moved up a space from the bottom of my personal rank list and Three has replaced it.

I have some respect for Three with the fact that they are struggling to get new masts approved but two of locations I'm having trouble with have active Phase 8 monopoles in place and they are also just crapping out,

If Three can't maintain there existing 5G sites and keep them atleast fetching a bus/train time then whats the point in beleiving they will be able to maintain the new infrastructure.

My 3 Broadband connection is performing as expected (for getting 5G in a non 5G postcode) but to be honest I'm using the sim in an old iPad mini which has mobile data turned off, and only really got the Three Broadband to get the CPE Pro 2 which I'm now using with a Voxi sim and getting strong 4G/5G signal/speed/reliability.

I'm sorry Three but my email to complaints will be screaming its way towards you tonight :(

CarlO1460

ULTIMATE Member
So as many of you may of picked up on my other posts I've been using Three for my main mobile phone for the past 2-3 months and accepted there would be some issues (ie. speed) but considering I do very little on my phone these days but stream a little 128kbps music on the way too and from work and check public transport schedules plus maybe the odd message or call.....

Well the past week I've found myself at my wits end with the damned network, to the point where today I ended up thing W.I.T.A.F.......

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL F***

I understand the network is stuggling but c'mon, its just offline every fricken day and the worst part of this is that the areas affected are 5G upgraded and sporting extra bands such as Band 32 along with Band's 1,3,20 and even 28 in two locations in the Birmingham central area.

So when offline I mean, there is a X in the data symbol/signal, it affects both 3G and 4G, switching APN's doesn't help, I can't send messages, music halts, can't get any webpages to load....

EDIT: I Should add that the X isn't always present, this wil happen when the phone thinks the network is working!

The issues aren't iosolated to one mast either, we're talking connectivity over 2-3 miles is just ****ed, its just about usabled at 5-6am but after that no chance until 2am again (I work weird and wonderful shifts)

As I said above, the issues have been ongoing since July when I signed up and have only got worse as people have been returing to the office.... but wait.... half the area I work is also closed down, the main A456 road is also reduced traffic and closed throughout the affected area which leaves what used to be the busiest street in Birmingham and ghost town now.... yet NO DATA.

I can accept crap speeds, but when a message is delayed by over 5 mins over the journey of 1-2 miles on an main A or B road, I've got to say enough is enough.

Because of this, O2 has just moved up a space from the bottom of my personal rank list and Three has replaced it.

I have some respect for Three with the fact that they are struggling to get new masts approved but two of locations I'm having trouble with have active Phase 8 monopoles in place and they are also just crapping out,

If Three can't maintain there existing 5G sites and keep them atleast fetching a bus/train time then whats the point in beleiving they will be able to maintain the new infrastructure.

My 3 Broadband connection is performing as expected (for getting 5G in a non 5G postcode) but to be honest I'm using the sim in an old iPad mini which has mobile data turned off, and only really got the Three Broadband to get the CPE Pro 2 which I'm now using with a Voxi sim and getting strong 4G/5G signal/speed/reliability.

I'm sorry Three but my email to complaints will be screaming its way towards you tonight :(
Interesting. Is it the network or is a replacement sim needed? Daft question to ask I know but you never know. Got a dud sim laying about?

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
Interesting. Is it the network or is a replacement sim needed? Daft question to ask I know but you never know. Got a dud sim laying about?
I could always try a replacement sim but I'm pretty sure its the network or wouldn't the issues be consisten in all areas.

CarlO1460

ULTIMATE Member
I could always try a replacement sim but I'm pretty sure its the network or wouldn't the issues be consisten in all areas.
This is true. It pretty naff of them if there are issues.

Coverage map must be full of the making our network better message.

TTJJ

ULTIMATE Member

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL F***

Why did you bother? Even on here, we've all mentioned for years about their network issues. You get pulled in by the prices and then eventually the way they manage their network will come back to bite you.

There's no point in complaining to Three, either, just move to Vodafone or EE.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
YMMV is the very active phrase for three unfortunately

CarlO1460

ULTIMATE Member
Looks like O2 are finally deciding to carry out poor coverage works in my area… not much will change I’m sure, they’ve said the network is fine that last 3 years. Delusional.

Had high hopes for Three also here, it was good, then something changed and it went poor.

__m

Casual Member
I am super curious, as I have my own protracted issues with Three. What is your method of complaint. What has proved to be most effective. I am sure fellow readers would be eager to know.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Vodafone £19.50 (*22.50)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £20.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: ROKUGIFT
  • TalkTalk £21.00 (*29.95)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £21.99 (*30.99)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Vodafone £23.50 (*26.50)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Gigaclear £24.00 (*49.00)
    Speed: 300Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £25.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: ROKUGIFT
  • Community Fibre £27.50 (*32.50)
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: First 6 Months Free
  • Virgin Media £28.00 (*52.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3673)
  2. BT (3044)
  3. Politics (1975)
  4. Building Digital UK (1945)
  5. FTTC (1897)
  6. Openreach (1862)
  7. Business (1718)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1501)
  9. Statistics (1431)
  10. FTTH (1367)
  11. 4G (1295)
  12. Virgin Media (1197)
  13. Fibre Optic (1185)
  14. Wireless Internet (1176)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1167)
  16. Vodafone (859)
  17. EE (845)
  18. 5G (792)
  19. TalkTalk (781)
  20. Sky Broadband (757)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules