Sponsored

Ticket Prod....

drsox

ULTIMATE Member
Hi,

On behalf of someone I'm helping to get broadband (they currently are not enjoying their mobile broadband dongle experience) I'm just being impatient - Any chance someone could check #71825794 ;) and get the ball rolling.

Tom - www.mouselike.org

drsox

ULTIMATE Member
Looking good from this side too.. The long period of silence between my initial reply (around the time I posted this thread) and now was worrying though ;)
Spanner got thrown into the works thanks to FeatureLine.

Thank you, Bob, for checking!

Tom - www.mouselike.org

drsox

ULTIMATE Member
Scratch that.. something is really wonky with the usage on the account. Since Saturday morning the VMBU and billing claims 45GB of usage. Pretty impossible given the flat f8lure and firebrick ping graphs and the fact that nothing was connected to the wifi and the ethernet computer was off on Sunday (VMBU claims 11GB of usage on Sunday).

Supposed usage today - 15GB.

Compared to a different plusnet line with a 2gb of usage for the day:

Either the 582n has _insane_ QoS or something is very very wrong with the data usage collection on the new line.

Tom - www.mouselike.org

bpullen

ISP Rep
Either the 582n has _insane_ QoS or something is very very wrong with the data usage collection on the new line.
Almost half the usage is peer-to-peer and the upload and download figures for the /account/ are huge:

Code:
Day	Uploaded (MB)	Downloaded (MB)
27	7954.8212	8914.1359
28	3469.3065	7554.1271
29	8417.4021	9513.9981
30	40.9553	1551.9094
Notice I've italicised the word 'account'? The problem is nothing to do with the line itself. The problem is due to the fact that you have the same broadband login credentials in use at two locations at the same time:

Code:
Session Started	Session Ended	Session Duration
18:18 29/Jul/2013	N/A	  16:16:14 (on going)
Code:
Session Started	Session Ended	Session Duration
13:16 27/Jul/2013	N/A	 2 Days, 21:17:55 (on going)
You've not given the router we provided them to another Plusnet customer have you?

Best regards,

drsox

ULTIMATE Member
Thank you for the reply Bob,

:O
Nope, just unboxed the supplied router, plugged in and did the TR69 captive portal setup on Saturday morning!
The router that is in use on the line is Serial Number: CP1319VFJ5P and the line that should be in use is 01483----74.
That session should have started before 11.45am on Saturday. The one showing 13:16 is very worrying.

The login certainly shouldn't and isn't expected to be in use anywhere else.

Do you have the circuit information that the login is being used against? [I don't need to know specifics but exchange and type [dsl, vdsl etc] would be of great interest.]
What is the best way to proceed with this? I've not changed the account password yet in case that disrupts any of the authentication or circuit investigation you might want to do first. Is it possible the captive portal / TR69 messed up and double-provisioned?

Tom - www.mouselike.org

Last edited:

bpullen

ISP Rep
Thank you for the reply Bob,
Do you have the circuit information that the login is being used against? [I don't need to know specifics but exchange and type [dsl, vdsl etc] would be of great interest.]
Bexleyheath is the exchange, so Kent.

What is the best way to proceed with this? I've not changed the account password yet in case that disrupts any of the authentication or circuit investigation you might want to do first. Is it possible the captive portal / TR69 messed up and double-provisioned?
Looking into this further (and based in what you've said in your reply), I think you might be right.

Leave it with me whilst I do some digging to try and ascertain what's happened...

Regards,

drsox

ULTIMATE Member
Thank you Bob and thank you for the details in the ticket. Expediently and politely resolved.

It is the first mess up I've had with PN in ~10 years of various PN connections. (So pretty good track record compared to other providers I've experienced.)

Tom - www.mouselike.org

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2509)
  2. FTTP (2196)
  3. FTTC (1657)
  4. Building Digital UK (1606)
  5. Politics (1425)
  6. Openreach (1417)
  7. Business (1238)
  8. Statistics (1098)
  9. FTTH (1072)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1036)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (898)
  15. Virgin Media (857)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (591)
  18. TalkTalk (579)
  19. Vodafone (517)
  20. Security (412)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules