Sponsored Links

Tiscali a bad choice

<MaRKio>

I joined Worldonline AKA tiscali about 5 months back.
They billed me for my 1st month 2 months after i had being using there service.
The service was reliable and good until they decided to change to a two-hour cut off and take other isps customers.
I read there forums and website to no luck why they had done this.
Lineone customers get a 3hr cut off and tiscali ones get a 2hr cut of or whenever they fel like it.

Me and my friends found to amasment the 2hr cut offs because we suddenly oen morning were cut off and then again and again.
but without an email or anything to say why! what had changed.
i emailed Tiscali UK customer services 4 times, which they deny they ever received.

Eventually because i was not happy with there services at all i wrote to OFTEL and they forwarded my complaint to Tiscali UK Head office.

after 6 weeks and 2 emails to OFTEL about getting no response from tiscali i recieved a letter.

Tiscali said that the information i wanted was i there FAQ's and of course they would have been there. but by this time it was too late as OFTEL informed me they would be taking things further if i didn't get a response by the 15th of November on the 21st i got the letter.
It was a print out of the FAQ on the website useless and unhelpful.
in the end i got 3 letters strange though that 1 was from Worldonline a tiscali company about my OFTEL complaint saying they weren't obligated to answer my question wven though i complained about tiscali and there was no need for this letter. and 2 off tiscali.

Tiscali make it so they can change the T&C when they fell like it and my last letter included this
our T&C states that we may introduce a 2hr or any other type of cut off without the need to inform our customers. but surely its good business practice to inform your customers when yuo change the terms and conditions ? i always got a email from BTinternet when they did.
My advice never use tiscali. i am still using the services because there isn't much else available to me.

A dissapointed customer.

last thing...

There customer services well non-existant.

They have on there website customer suggestion baords which aren't even read but threads they dont like deleted.
I feel insulted, if they want our money yet hesistate to offer the services they offer.
Also i would like somehow to make it manditory for companies to state that 24/7 is not 24/7 connection jsut that you can come online anytime and not to stay on for more than 3hrs or expect very fast download speeds.

when they first introduced blanket 2 hr cutoffs i heard it was aimed just at there Anytime customers which really much encourage them to stay with tiscali.

£2billion wasted.
Bring back screaming.net i suppose.
but as they are not a british based company but french so i have heard they cannot be sued under british law?
is this true or not??

if you wish to contact me email me at
mark@zeroaccess.co.uk

AOL very rarely disconnect me, and i get decent download speeds. I never used to like AOL but after using there new £15 a month for 24/7 ive become quite keen on staying with them.

Sponsored Links
tiscali refuse to reply to my emails for one of the biggest uk isps they seem to being doing feck all for there customers

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules