Sponsored

Titan mail server

peterpiper

Casual Member
Having lost my name@user.entadsl.com emails and requested replacements I was surprised to get names@titanmail.org.uk. I'd expected that Vispa servers would be used.

The mail server is mail.titanmail.org.uk for both POP & SMTP.

Initially the Titan mail server rejected every recipient e-mail address I tried unless it was ***@titanmail.org.uk
There's no guide to mail set-up, on the Titan website, but I found that checking "My server requires authentication", in OE, cured this issue.

Any ideas how reliable or otherwise this mail.titanmail.org.uk might be?
After a year of problems with Enta mail I'd rather be switching to something tried & tested.

Titan_ADSL

ISP Rep
Hi peterpiper

We recieved an email from you last night at 11:24pm stating that all is working well and we can see from your post at 2:24am that it isnt can you advice on what issues you may be having after giving you all the setup details in prior emails?

Matt

peterpiper

Casual Member
.... we can see from your post at 2:24am that it isnt can you advice on what issues you may be having after giving you all the setup details in prior emails?

Matt
There is no problem, it is now working & seems fast.
Also thanks again for speedily setting up mail names for us.

I was getting:
Response: '550 relay not permitted', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Your suggestion to solve the issue was "please ensure that outgoing server smtp is checked this is normally found under advanced settings" didn't help.

After finding the solution myself, I posted it - just in case it helped anyone else with a similar problem.

It seemed strange that "My server requires authentication" did not need to be checked for mail going to ***@titanmail.org.uk but did have to be selected for mail going anywhere else.

DKTronics

Pro Member
Perhaps you should work on why your "Net" is so ***** ?

I'll give you 6 months before everyones left, and you are left holding the bill.

Last edited by a moderator:

Titan_ADSL

ISP Rep
We are working with Vispa to resolve any issues that are on the network.
Our main market is aimed at the business market where we use alternative suppliers and not Vispa.
Vispa only has around 15% of our entire user base so we are far from any closure.

Matt

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
DK please avoid swearing and abuse on the forum, that is one of our rules here. Thanks.

DKTronics

Pro Member
We are working with Vispa to resolve any issues that are on the network.
Matt
Rubbish. Vispa have already told us that don't want Titan users on their network, and this is what we have been told on the phone. This is the reason why they throttle Titan users to help push/force them to another ISP.

Utter disgusting treatment, and something, once we've moved to Zen, that will hopefully be in the past.

Your whole outfit is an utter disgrace.

I appologise to Markj, but Mark, this is how we are being treated, like they want rid of us.

Titan_ADSL

ISP Rep
If Vispa didn't want our users on their network then they woudn't have offered us a contract!
Can you advise the person from Vispa that told you they didn't want our business?

DKTronics

Pro Member
If Vispa didn't want our users on their network then they woudn't have offered us a contract!
Can you advise the person from Vispa that told you they didn't want our business?
When we phoned Vispa about Youtube Throttling, P2P throttling, and BBC-Iplayer throttling, we were told that Vispa users had been complaining of speed issues, so Titan users would be throttled.
This is what we were openly told over the phone, as well as we weren't wanted.

This is why my whole attitude has changed. Before you moved across, speeds were ok, Youtube played fine, BBC-Iplayer worked, and the occasional P2P worked a treat. Now, everything is the complete opposite, and resolving "Network Issues" isn't going to do diddly-squat, it's purposely throttled Net that we are currently receiving, and this was admitted to us over the phone.

Heck, we were actually told, "Well, why don't you just leave then", this is why we asked for a MAC code, which has now arrived by post.

I didn't want to leave, but I'm so throttled in off-peak times that I might as well be on some 2Gb a month package with AOL.

Titan_ADSL

ISP Rep
When we phoned Vispa about Youtube Throttling, P2P throttling, and BBC-Iplayer throttling, we were told that Vispa users had been complaining of speed issues, so Titan users would be throttled.
This is what we were openly told over the phone, as well as we weren't wanted.

This is why my whole attitude has changed. Before you moved across, speeds were ok, Youtube played fine, BBC-Iplayer worked, and the occasional P2P worked a treat. Now, everything is the complete opposite, and resolving "Network Issues" isn't going to do diddly-squat, it's purposely throttled Net that we are currently receiving, and this was admitted to us over the phone.

Heck, we were actually told, "Well, why don't you just leave then", this is why we asked for a MAC code, which has now arrived by post.

I didn't want to leave, but I'm so throttled in off-peak times that I might as well be on some 2Gb a month package with AOL.
DK

Can you advise who told you to leave so we may get onto this.

Matt

DKTronics

Pro Member
Thanks for your help Matt.

We spoke to someone called James, and he advised us to leave if we didn't like it, so he sent us a MAC code through the post. If you want the code to varify, I can PM you the code, if needed.

Many thanks.

DKTronics

Pro Member
Many thanks, Matt. Will probably do this later today, or Monday morning, as I've got to go out for the rest of the weekend.

Thanks again.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £18.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 30Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Code: SPRING19
  • Vodafone £21.00 (*23.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • TalkTalk £22.50
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
  • Origin Broadband £23.00
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2391)
  2. FTTP (1971)
  3. FTTC (1587)
  4. Building Digital UK (1540)
  5. Politics (1323)
  6. Openreach (1322)
  7. Business (1170)
  8. Statistics (1032)
  9. Mobile Broadband (954)
  10. FTTH (951)
  11. Fibre Optic (934)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (867)
  13. Wireless Internet (855)
  14. 4G (837)
  15. Virgin Media (801)
  16. Sky Broadband (573)
  17. TalkTalk (554)
  18. EE (550)
  19. Vodafone (462)
  20. Security (392)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules