Sponsored Links

To all those with Sky

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
was just curious, anyone else have their passwords manually reset by Sky? out of the blue yesterday l received an email my password has been reset.

lve been on Sky fibre the past 9ish years now and while l do change my passwords periodically however after receiving the email notifying me my password was reset l doubted the authenticity as it gave no context outside of "we reset your password, click this link", now it was true my password didnt work so l reset directly from Skys website itself but that leaves the question "why was it reset?" my current password wasnt even a week old and generally when forced resets happen its either down to someone messing something up or worst case someone has gained access to something they shouldnt..

so lm curious if others have had their passwords reset (one of my other friends said his was), not to mention been able to get more than "we know passwords were manually reset, but have no further information" our of Sky.

I've seen this reported a few times but other work has distracted me this week. I assume this is just for your online (web) Sky Account and not the router?

I had an email saying their E-mail provider had been compromised and they had re-set my password. Not sure if that’s what they were referring too in your case ?

Sponsored Links
Can you paste that email (personal details excluded) onephat?

l dont use their email service, l have an address but have always kept my email addresses separate from ISPs, lve moved quite a bit over the years so it would have been a real pain to keep updating friends and family of my new address, opting for Gmail etc instead.

have attached the email l received as a screencap, the thing that made me dubious was the link to reset my password, the link it showed and what it linked too was different (my guess knowing the email was true is it links to their newsletter page this is also posted on but the fact the link and the text linked to two different places did feel strange).

however the lack of context as to why this was done still worries me, after all l could understand if they warned users first that they would be resetting passwords for security purposes and stopped ppl using their old ones great, ld have been warned and would take their advice and follow their instructions, but when it just happens and the only warning you get once its happened is whats in the screencap.. it begs the question "has something happened?"

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 177
Almost certainly something has happened.

+1 for not hiding the fact

-1,000,000 for making the warning letter look like a phishing attempt.

the strangest part about the newsletter link being different was that its domain prefix was *.sky which was one of the reasons l found it weird.

Sponsored Links
then youll likely be resetting your password next time you try and login.

Can you paste that email (personal details excluded) onephat?

Sorry Mark i was away with work and didn’t see your reply.

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules