Sponsored Links

Today's launch 60 new birds

dabigm

ULTIMATE Member
Another 60 satellites launched 3 hours ago

This is now their 21st launch. The latest bunch are in an inclination of 53.0° and the total number of satellites in orbit is now 1201, 64 have been deorbited, for a total of 1265 that have been launched as of 11/03/21

On Thursday, March 11 at 3:13 a.m. EST, SpaceX launched 60 Starlink satellites from Space Launch Complex 40 (SLC-40) at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station in Florida. This was the sixth launch and landing of this Falcon 9 booster, which previously supported launch of NASA astronauts Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley to the International Space Station, ANASIS-II, CRS-21, Transporter-1, and a Starlink mission.

( A rather dry video is available to watch at the link )

Another 60 satellites launched 3 hours ago

This is now their 21st launch. The latest bunch are in an inclination of 53.0° and the total number of satellites in orbit is now 1201, 64 have been deorbited, for a total of 1265 that have been launched as of 11/03/21

On Thursday, March 11 at 3:13 a.m. EST, SpaceX launched 60 Starlink satellites from Space Launch Complex 40 (SLC-40) at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station in Florida. This was the sixth launch and landing of this Falcon 9 booster, which previously supported launch of NASA astronauts Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley to the International Space Station, ANASIS-II, CRS-21, Transporter-1, and a Starlink mission.

( A rather dry video is available to watch at the link )
Yeah they seem to chuck another bundle up every fortnight.
Always watch it live on YouTube. :giggle:

Yeah they seem to chuck another bundle up every fortnight.
Always watch it live on YouTube. :giggle:

I quite like watching launches too. But I prefer to watch it after the fact as there is a bit of launch excitement, an extremely long period of just watching the rocket position on a computer graphic, and then a few minutes of deployment. Watched the first launch they did live though.

in other news, Oneweb is due to do a launch on the 25th.

Sponsored Links
I quite like watching launches too. But I prefer to watch it after the fact as there is a bit of launch excitement, an extremely long period of just watching the rocket position on a computer graphic, and then a few minutes of deployment. Watched the first launch they did live though.

in other news, Oneweb is due to do a launch on the 25th.
Hopefully Kuniper or oneweb will be cheaper. I will probably watch the launch of OneWeb.

Hopefully Kuniper or oneweb will be cheaper. I will probably watch the launch of OneWeb.

It ought to be faster on launch than Starlink too. They were talking of speeds of 300-400mbit. Starlink doesn't get close to that at the moment (but it says it will in the future). I think satellite broadband is going to change the game for a lot of folk. Maybe I can go live on a nice private island somewhere in the sun now and still do my day job lol. Exciting times.

Really would like to partake in the starlink vibe, but it makes 0 economic sense for me right now. I've got other cheaper options available. I literally can't afford to be offline as a contractor, if i can't log in to work, I don't get paid .. that's why I have two connections and failover (I've even got a DIY powerwall too lol)

Maybe I can go live on a nice private island somewhere in the sun now and still do my day job lol.
I think we would all love that lol...........

I think we would all love that lol...........

House in Cyprus is my current dream (the houses are dirt cheap compared to ours and the weather is fantastic, drive on the correct side, and don't even have to change the electrical plugs lol) . Broadband isn't so great outside of the larger towns/cities though. Satellite will change that.

Sponsored Links
Italy is where i'd like to go, lovely weather, cheap mobile n internet, good weather and delicious food :p

Help ma Boab!, another 60 upped early this morning, they sure are doing well. (y) :cool:

Just posting a wee link to todays live broadcast of the latest batch of 60 Starlink satellites being launched.

It's in 45 minutes at the time of this post folk.

Enjoy if you've nothing better to do. :giggle:

Latest Live Starlink Launch

Sponsored Links
The sream's live now folks. :cool:

Total satellites launched (7 April 2021): 1445

Total satellites deorbited (19 January 2021): 67

Total satellites currently in orbit (7 April 2021): 1378

Another 60 Starlink sats upped last night, busy busy busy.:cool:

Starlink Launch

Last edited:
This is great, at this rate Elon's promise for 300Mbps and lower latency by end of this year might actually come true.

Sponsored Links
That's great stuff, awesome dl speeds. If that's stable, then what else could you need.. That's Internet sorted. Uploads are underwhelming, but decent.

And Tuesdays 60 new Sats are now on their way to their new wee space way up there. (y):cool:

Latest Mission

Cor blimey, another 60 Starlinks just booted into space. (y)

Latest Mission

I never tire of watching these launches and still amazed when they land the first stage on the drone ships. Amazing stuff.:cool:

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Sky Broadband UK ISP Logo
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5444)
  2. BT (3497)
  3. Politics (2513)
  4. Openreach (2285)
  5. Business (2242)
  6. Building Digital UK (2227)
  7. FTTC (2040)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1955)
  9. Statistics (1770)
  10. 4G (1649)
  11. Virgin Media (1603)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1446)
  13. Wireless Internet (1384)
  14. Fibre Optic (1384)
  15. FTTH (1380)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules