Sponsored

Tried to get a MAC key?

willymac321

Has anyone here tried to get a MAC key from NDO recently? I seem to be having some difficulty persuading NAMESCO to let me have a key without a painful hoop crawling through exercise. So far, the key issued was out of date the day following it's issue and requests for another, current, key are prevaricated upon. I don't really see the point of this, I'm definitely going to leave so why annoy me to the point where I lose all respect for the ISP?

Captain_Cretin

ULTIMATE Member
They have to give it to you, remind them of the fact and if it has been more than the 5 days they are allowed, threaten legal action and report them to OFCOM.

tridens

Pro Member
Mac code

Hi
I just left namesco this week i requested a mac code i had to wait 8 days before i got one they tried to charge me £70 for leaving even thoe i was over my 12 month contract but a quick phone call got the charge waved but at least i got it :smilet:

Welshyorkie

I recently got a MAC code from them after working out how to request one. It arrrived after 5 days as promised but instead of the MAC code they listed my phone number as a MAC code. Another email from me and I got the correct code the next day. Technically one day too late. I still cannot see how it takes 5 days never mind any more.

willymac321

Thanks for your comments which are all helpful. I still don't have a working MAC key but I'll give it a silent day before "going for it". It really saddens me to think that NDO could have sunk to such a level of poor administration. I'm hoping to migrate to Zen in due course.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £19.95 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Gift Card
  • Post Office £20.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Vodafone £22.95
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2652)
  2. FTTP (2457)
  3. FTTC (1722)
  4. Building Digital UK (1662)
  5. Politics (1541)
  6. Openreach (1511)
  7. Business (1325)
  8. FTTH (1231)
  9. Statistics (1153)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1128)
  11. Fibre Optic (1020)
  12. 4G (973)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (972)
  14. Wireless Internet (971)
  15. Virgin Media (935)
  16. EE (649)
  17. Sky Broadband (639)
  18. TalkTalk (618)
  19. Vodafone (600)
  20. 3G (438)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules