Sponsored Links

Tv internet not working but will with hotspot

DeanSmith

Casual Member
My tv works completely fine when I use my phone as a hotspot.
when I connect to the broadband it says connected but won’t play videos. BBC iPlayer, itv player, nothing will work. Samsung are useless ‘reset tv’. ISP are great and trying to help but still no solution. No firewalls or security turned on. Hopeing for some ideas and advice
Thanks

My tv works completely fine when I use my phone as a hotspot.
when I connect to the broadband it says connected but won’t play videos. BBC iPlayer, itv player, nothing will work. Samsung are useless ‘reset tv’. ISP are great and trying to help but still no solution. No firewalls or security turned on. Hopeing for some ideas and advice
Thanks
What do you mean 'tv'. Do you mean a sky box? The smart functions on your Samsung TV? What speed is your internet?

Smart functions on Samsung tv. I get 500mb down and 50up so I know it’s not the speed. Works fine on every other device. But the tv won’t work on lan or WiFi
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Smart functions on Samsung tv. I get 500mb down and 50up so I know it’s not the speed. Works fine on every other device. But the tv won’t work on lan or WiFi
Thanks
Judging by the speed it's virgin, correct? Can you please go to speedtest.net on your phone, stand where the TV is and do a speedtest. That will tell me whether your WiFi is weak or virgin aren't delivering the speed they promised which they like to do a lot.

Judging by the speed it's virgin, correct? Can you please go to speedtest.net on your phone, stand where the TV is and do a speedtest. That will tell me whether your WiFi is weak or virgin aren't delivering the speed they promised which they like to do a lot.
It’s fibre nest. Persimmons homes own.
98mb 29ms ping the tv only sees the 2.4 WiFi. I get the 500mb on 5g but surely that still more than enough

98mb 29ms ping the tv only sees the 2.4 WiFi. I get the 500mb on 5g but surely that still more than enough
Yes that's perfectly fine. It's FTTP then, what router is it? If you don't know just send the model number and I'll have a look.

Sponsored Links
Huawei HG8245Q2
I’ve been on to them and they said they’ll change the router but I don’t think it’s faulty, probably just a setting because I can use it fine on other TVs

Huawei HG8245Q2
I’ve been on to them and they said they’ll change the router but I don’t think it’s faulty, probably just a setting because I can use it fine on other TVs
I agree, it's the TV. What mobile provider do you have just out of interest? Also what is the TV model number. You would benefit from a new router though I think as they are currently giving out mesh systems from Linksys so I would take up the offer if you still can.

I agree, it's the TV. What mobile provider do you have just out of interest? Also what is the TV model number. You would benefit from a new router though I think as they are currently giving out mesh systems from Linksys so I would take up the offer if you still can.
Vodaphone.
samsung UE55TU7020
It’s frustrating because the old tv was Samsung and worked fine. Only got a new one for 4K. I’m guessing there’s not much I can do for the tv except get a fire stick or something?

Vodaphone.
samsung UE55TU7020
It’s frustrating because the old tv was Samsung and worked fine. Only got a new one for 4K. I’m guessing there’s not much I can do for the tv except get a fire stick or something?
Well I've always had LG TVs so not got as much knowledge on Samsung. I don't buy them because they are plagued with issues like these. Have you only just got it? Can you return it for a different brand or model? If not they yes your best option is to get a fire stick.

Sponsored Links
Well I've always had LG TVs so not got as much knowledge on Samsung. I don't buy them because they are plagued with issues like these. Have you only just got it? Can you return it for a different brand or model? If not they yes your best option is to get a fire stick.
I can try because it’s not working. I’ve got LG in the kitchen and it’s fine.
Why would it work from my phone though? That’s what’s got me head battered

I can try because it’s not working. I’ve got LG in the kitchen and it’s fine.
Why would it work from my phone though? That’s what’s got me head battered
Yes that confused me too, no idea why though. Try taking it back where you got it from and tell them the WiFi is faulty and won't work.

No problem, any time and it's always nice to have new members!
Done a little bit more digging today and tech help.
Basically I asked my next door neighbour for his WiFi code. He’s got the same provider and package I have. And it works fine. Although everything else works in the house there is a problem with the router or supply so there coming back out on Tuesday to fit a new one and check it again.
I’ll let you know if this resolves it just in case you come across a similar issue. Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Done a little bit more digging today and tech help.
Basically I asked my next door neighbour for his WiFi code. He’s got the same provider and package I have. And it works fine. Although everything else works in the house there is a problem with the router or supply so there coming back out on Tuesday to fit a new one and check it again.
I’ll let you know if this resolves it just in case you come across a similar issue. Thanks again

New router resolved it. Samsung tv didn’t like the huawei router. Now been given a linksys one
Yep that's good. The Linksys one I believe is a mesh router too

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules