Sponsored Links

UK-Cheapest.co.uk

This company has been hosting my website for about 3 years now but I'm looking for a new host now.

There are quite cheap but their technical support is just so incompetent that it makes no sense to pay little and have so many problems.

for the first two years I didn't mind the problems as there was very little activity and waiting for them to fix a fault was not really that important but now that I'm getting more business I cannot afford wasting time.

You could expect a reply or some sort of communication from the support people when you issue a ticket for a critical fault. With UK-Cheapest.co.uk you don't even get a "hello" in the first 48 hours

try to phone them? Where? no phone contact at all - Email them? Nope!!! no email either - just their ticket allocation system.

I renewed my hostage last month but I'm ready to walk away... as soon as I find a good host.

Salvador

Not cheap but as in ISPs you get what you pay for www.flump.net I used them for years and always had fast response to support tickets.

Sponsored Links
Kits said:
www.flump.net I used them for years and always had fast response to support tickets.
That has been my experience with Flump too - I've been with them for over two years, not had to contact them very often as everything just ticks over happily most of the time, but on the rare occasions that there's been a problem, they've been quick in sorting it out. :)

try to phone them? Where? no phone contact at all - Email them? Nope!!! no email either - just their ticket allocation system.

I renewed my hostage last month but I'm ready to walk away... as soon as I find a good host.

Salvador

Well if you care to specify your requirements, perhaps we can look to meet your needs, and if we can't then I can ususally recommend someone who can.

Rgds

Pete

Hello Salvador.

Check out http://www.webcolos.co.uk.

There technical support is really perfect. The answer absolutely within 24 hours, mostly within 3 hours.

Check them out, because I do not have any problems with them.

Carter

Sponsored Links
A year and a bit ago, re Flump. net...
me said:
I've been with them for over two years, not had to contact them very often as everything just ticks over happily most of the time, but on the rare occasions that there's been a problem, they've been quick in sorting it out. :)

... and I'm still with them.
They did an upgrade on Thursday night, which (because I hadn't realised that differences between Apache 1 and Apache 2 would affect a script that I'd put in myself) left me with a problem with some dynamic pages.
At five-to-one in the morning, I sent an e-mail.
At three minutes past one, I had a reply with the answer - and they'd shifted a file of mine to make things work, so the affected section was already back up and running before I'd even had the reply.

I don't think I'll be looking around for any cheap offers elsewhere! :)

A year and a bit ago, re Flump. net...

... and I'm still with them.
They did an upgrade on Thursday night, which (because I hadn't realised that differences between Apache 1 and Apache 2 would affect a script that I'd put in myself) left me with a problem with some dynamic pages.
At five-to-one in the morning, I sent an e-mail.
At three minutes past one, I had a reply with the answer - and they'd shifted a file of mine to make things work, so the affected section was already back up and running before I'd even had the reply.

I don't think I'll be looking around for any cheap offers elsewhere! :)

Well you had better luck with them than I ever had .... after 3 or 4 years with them I still think the odds are against you in having a reliable service from them.

I moved my website about a year ago and I have never had an issue with my new host. Hopefully they will handle an issue efficiently if ever one arises :D

For one thing, the CP is much better with my new hosting company!!!

Well, I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with them.
Sorry, and a little surprised - my one contact with support since the last post was dealt with equally efficiently (and very pleasantly), so I'm still with them, still quite happy, and have just renewed for another year in late September.

Personally, the CP suits me well enough too. I suppose it depends what you want to do though, and I guess it might not suit someone with different requirements so well. The only thing I would say is that it's a bit on the treacly side. On the rare occasions that I actually want to do something with files via CP rather than FTP, I do find it behaves better if I use the "Legacy" File Manager rather than the theoretically improved one - though the latter is good if you need an excuse to go and put the kettle on!

Something has just dawned on me.

Have we got our wires crossed here?

I'll add some bold here...
My post started off "A year and a bit ago, re Flump. net..."

You quoted it, and said "Well you had better luck with them than I ever had .... after 3 or 4 years with them I still think the odds are against you in having a reliable service from them."

...but looking back at you original post, you say
"UK-Cheapest.co.uk
This company has been hosting my website for about 3 years now"

...which makes me suspect that you've overlooked the reference to Flump.net (in response to Kits mentioning them as a possible alternative), and you thought that I was with UK-Cheapest.co.uk.

So I think we are talking about two different companies - that would explain our very different experiences!
:D

Sponsored Links
spam reported

Incidentally, why does reporting spam count as a post?? I have to wait 30 seconds after reporting it to make the comment here, so no-one else has to report it.

ukcheapest don`t go there..

lets see once i need upgrade of php so they said we can move your sites to another server which has it

they started the move which messed up big time, and left me for 5 days without eaven replying to my support tickets.

I moved all my sites that day to new hosting, it was 7 days before i even got a reply.

I found the average turn around to reply to a tickets was aroun 48hrs, which is not good if you have a major problem.

cheap basically means crap!

Sorry, it was my mistake confusing the two companies.
No problem :smilet:, it's easily done - I've been known to overlook something in an earlier message myself now and then!

(And, just for the record, I'm still with Flump and not thinking of changing - they don't offer enormous amounts of space at a knock-down price, but I don't need all that much. They may not be everybody's cup of tea, but they're a decent British outfit who don't get the hump when I chuck in slightly unstandard scripts which make their server do a bit of work, and are very quick to respond to e-mails with a real answer from a sensible human being, so they suit me fine.)

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules