Sponsored Links

UK2.net refuse to give support?

Hi Everyone,

I have had an ongoing battle with uk2.net since I joined them almost a year ago. The shared server my sites are on has never worked for more than 2 weeks and it is dying but UK2.net refuse to answer any of my tickets without explanation.

I have now lost my email and they won't even respond to that ticket.

What can I do?

cheers

wickermanxxx

Have you tried using the telephone? I think there is very little in the way of consumer protection when it comes to webhosting providers, but you should always have a backup of your website and if it is a UK domain then it should be in your name via Nominet. In that situation I would leave and find a better home.

Yeah I have tried phoning but the last time I phoned they said they no longer offered telephone support!

I have been moving my sites to another provider but there are many and some can not be moved.

Thankfully, in the early hours of the morning, I managed to get hold of a support guy who helped me once before and he has offered to try to resolve the issues. He has offered this before but when the daytime staff pick up the tickets they close or move them :-(

Fingers crossed something will get sorted but I am shocked that they can basically do what they want!

Sponsored Links
Yuk, no telephone support? Its a good thing you are jumping ship because I would never touch anybody who dropped telephone support. Email and online chat systems are all well and good but they're just not as reliable.

Do you have access to cpanel and whm through your existing hosting if Linux based?
If you do you could go into WHM as the reseller and backup all the hosted accounts you have, then when you find a new home, they will be able to use this backup to restore the hosted services, you can then get it set up and tested before you change the DNS.

I have a number of clients on unique IP addresses that they need and it would be a major pain to move their sites to another server but I may have to!

Thanks for the back-up tip. I have an account with a well known US hosting company that have moved a few sites across and I plan to work my way through them all.

I have never encountered such terrible service. I am just so lucky that I managed to find one night time support guy who was willing to help but I can't always get hold of him. I have no idea how many they have in support but only this one guy actually does anything. Everyone else just closes my tickets.

I have a sneaky idea that they have an upper limit on the amount of support they will offer one reseller and even if it is their fault they just will not spend more than the alloted amount of time. It's the only reason I can think why support would just stop dead.

UK2 are rubbish!

My interest is that the school where I work has suffered with no email for three weeks which has rendered the business side of the school paralysed and UK2 have not had the ability to rectify the problem. They are completely detached from their customer's concerns. Tickets are responded to after 36 hours with often superficial or wrong advice and answers and further probing gets nowhere. They are expert at missing the point. Telephone support is 50p a minute but is always impossible to get through. I have been trying daily for 3 weeks and got nowhere. I did speak with a sales adviser (sales line are usually the besest way into a company) who told me he would ensure my issue was escalated. I complained that I had only ever received stock answers to my ticket which clearly didn't solve my problem. The escalation resulted in another identical stock answer! They have a system where when a ticket response doesn't work, if you respond the ticket goes to the bottom of the pile. I have never experienced such bad service where business critical applications are concerned. This is worrying and I am sure many of your readers, who may well be UK2 customers would be interested in the way a company of this size can fail, having a serious effect on their business.
I am looking at ways we can sue UK2 for damage to our business.

Sponsored Links
We have web hosting with Uk2 and It look like they are going Up the shoot,
For weeks we have had no email and also no support.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules