Sponsored

UKFSN Traffic Management

ellomoto

Hi all,

Im new to this forum and wanted to post a question about UKFSN. So here goes!

Does anybody know if UKFSN traffic manage?

:nod:

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
UKFSN are an entanet reseller, I believe I read enta have an Ellacoya which they were using to throttle traffic while at capacity while waiting for a new central earlier this year, although I think bulldog (think he's still using UKFSN! ) would be complaining if traffic managment has any significant affect on his connection. I believe someone commented recently that enta have yet another new BT central due shortly.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Entanet has a new central which is planned to be in use by the end of December.

All entanet supplied ISPs have noticed the off peak drop in speeds and some load balancing has been implemented as one central was near capacity while the other wasn't.

IMPO there will be some drop in speeds if a large percentage of customers are sitting there ready to hit download on P2P as the offpeak time starts.

bulldog

ULTIMATE Member
Hi, Mel is right that I am still with UKFSN and I can tell you there is no traffic management on the network at present, but it had been problem by load balancing but the speed seem fine to me as I get up to 6.25Mbps. Boggits had been informed me that there will be a new 3rd 622mb central pipes to be installing next month by BT.

I had no problem with UKFSN most of the times I get averages between 5.5 and 6.5 Mbps but the last six days had been problem of speed issues down to below 2 Mbps but Entanet had now sorted it out and everything is back to normal now.

ellomoto

excellent guys!

as long as im not throttled down to around 20kbs on p2p anymore i'll be very happy!

im going to get my mac tomorrow from pipex then migrate to the office max 45 package, the same as bulldog has.

cheers

Last edited:

bulldog

ULTIMATE Member
ellomoto - welcome to entanet office max 45 once you had a mac code, you won't regret it - trust me. UKFSN is a very good company and Jason is always there for you if you have any problem of your ADSL connection. Jason gave me up to 8 IP Addresses for free of charge, and that's was a very good deal.

LATEST NEWS:

Boggits had just confirmed this:

The plan (I suggest the board look away now) is to order the 4th 622 once the 3rd is completed. Entanet are planning to move to 21cn as soon as is practible and the issue of loaded centrals will (hopefully) be consigned to history.

Because then fewer users can actually saturate the connection whilst with a 622 you get additional statistical gain. We really would like 1Gbps centrals from BT to increase the gain but the discontinued development of the product due to the launch of 21cn.

So, that's was a good news !!! :)

Good luck ellomoto and remember you can downloading up to 45gb during peak time Mon-Thurs at 08:00-22:00 and up to 300gb during off peak time Mon-Thurs at 22:00-08:00 and Fri at 22:00 through to Monday at 08:00. So, you will get a total of 345gb a month for just £29.38 inc VAT a month for your Office Max 45 and remember it will count towards to both upload and download usages.

PokerPlayer

Top Member
How's it going?

I'd just like to add that i'm also extremely pleased with UKFSN. I regularly get 700kbps from Usenet servers although it does drop to 500 - 600 during peak times. What i like most of all is the no BS support. By subscribing to the update email service, we know exactly what's happening and when it will happen. After being with V21 who would await 100% disconnection before "investigating" and then a few days later say "no, there isn't a problem", it's good to be respected as an intelligent person!
:)

UKFSN

ISP Rep
OK, here's an authoritative reply :)

There is no traffic management at all in place.

Enta, our providers, do not have or use Ellacoya equipment.

The 3rd 622Mb BT Central pipe came online this week and is having a very nice effect. Enta have already begun the process of getting the 4th pipe ordered and the expectation is that it will be in place in April or May.

Further to this Enta have indicated to me that they will be ordering further Central pipes through 2007 with the intention of bring the number of 622Mb pipes to 6 or 7 by the end of 2007 as needed to meet demand.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £19.95 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: HYPER20
  • Plusnet £21.99 (*35.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Reward Card
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2715)
  2. FTTP (2601)
  3. FTTC (1756)
  4. Building Digital UK (1700)
  5. Politics (1605)
  6. Openreach (1563)
  7. Business (1387)
  8. FTTH (1310)
  9. Statistics (1206)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1177)
  11. Fibre Optic (1044)
  12. 4G (1013)
  13. Wireless Internet (997)
  14. Ofcom Regulation (993)
  15. Virgin Media (976)
  16. EE (671)
  17. Sky Broadband (655)
  18. TalkTalk (644)
  19. Vodafone (641)
  20. 5G (472)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules