Sponsored

Ukonline Capping downloads

Joined ukonline 3 months ago ..No capping ...no fair usage policy ...(great)...6 weeks ago fair usage policy came in my speeds have dropped from 180kbs down to 10 - 20kbs ....with no info sent to me about capping ...only to wrong email address ...they said if you want to migrate .to do it within 4 weeks....i was to late .....now with these speeds i am stuck with ukonline for another 7 months or must pay £100 to get a mac No ....I had no modem with the deal ...and they are no budging on this ...I think it is disgusting to be held to ransom like this ....( Please Help Somebody):mad:

onephat

ULTIMATE Member
Are the slow speeds generaly or just on P2P downloads? if its generaly then i'd keep moaning at them as the product is clearly not working as advertised. If its on P2P or Bit Torrent then bad luck. As for the email, its your responsibility to keep your contact details with UKO up to date, if you didnt then they really can't be blaimed, however if you did keep the correct email address on your UKO account then speak to trading standards. I've not read the UKO terms and conditions but i guess they reserve the right to introduce caps as and when they feel like it.

onephat

ULTIMATE Member

Darkspark

ULTIMATE Member
I do not see how you can immedietly link and even publicly state that you are being capped when you do not know if you are.
I can guarantee my account is uncapped, im on the 2mb package.

Like onephat said, if you are getting slow speeds on torrents/p2p, that is not down to ukonline.

By the way onephat, they obviously havent updated that part of the FAQ, since it shouldn't say unlimited but give some reference to their FUP, Im guessing.

Smudge249

Pro Member
dont think mine is being capped either and must admit my downloads are large, dont use p2p but on my 8mb i usually do about 10-20 gb per day

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2508)
  2. FTTP (2188)
  3. FTTC (1656)
  4. Building Digital UK (1602)
  5. Politics (1421)
  6. Openreach (1415)
  7. Business (1234)
  8. Statistics (1097)
  9. FTTH (1070)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1034)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (895)
  15. Virgin Media (855)
  16. Sky Broadband (594)
  17. EE (590)
  18. TalkTalk (577)
  19. Vodafone (514)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules