Sponsored

Ukonline

Hopper

hmmmmmmm

This happened at fast24 as well. I cannot connect at anything over 42.5. even at 4am in the morning. And when i do connect its slow doing anything :(

Wouldnt recommend this isp at the minute

Hopper

The point is though i was connecting at 45 all the time and getting a great service. Again the might be following in may other isps and cramming as many customers on the server as they can.

vcommsmind

Pro Member
Hi,

I've had an account with UKOnline for many years now, and I've still never experienced any problems with the service whatsoever.

Your initial connection speed really makes no difference at all - as it only shows the connection speed at the initial connection, it tells you nothing about the performance once connected, which in any case is generally more down to your line conditions than the ISP.

Personally, I'd say you were being a bit pedantic!

swampster

Pro Member
Likewise I've used UKOnline for many many yers.. ie a longt time before Easynet bought them, and they were using the Tiber Browser (those were the days) :D

I've never had any dial up problems with them whatsoever, if I did it was usually my fault with incorrect settings etc.

However that said, Im talking about their old vPOP system and 0845 numbers. I dunno what their new Open Surf is like, as it doesnt support ISDN :(

Hopper

its uses a standard 0808 numbers. Supports no compression. It was excellent when it was good but it has dropped some what no . Last night would only connect at 40 :(

A all time low

xlt44

UK Online

Joined UK Online this afternoon and the connection has been fine, although I'm not going to sign up for their 0808 service as it may well be that the connectin to this number will falter as it did on numerous occasions with Vispa.

I use Sniff Out 0808/ pre-paid, £15 for 50 hours and to date, after many top-ups I have yet to find a poor connection.

UK Online seems to have jolly good interface and its a pleasure to use but for now I will continue to dial in via Sniff Out and be grateful that I've got a stable connection at long last.

Zorro

UK Online

Been with UK Online for three months. No problems at all with dial up. Connection speed OK and connection time OK. Billing OK.
What can I gripe about? Well they are the other crap I have used trying to find a good one like UK Online.

Bartman

Thats not too bad a speed to be connected at!

Tho it maybe worrying if it keeps going down.

As said before, its not indicative of the speed after you connect.

Flenz

I have been with UKOnline for about 5 years now.

Always have had great service. I've just signed up to their 0808 service, my average connection rate is still at least 46.8 everytime.

You can't agrue with that. I've also lived in 3 different UK regions.

Speaks for itself really!:)

Darkspark

ULTIMATE Member
I get 44, using ukonlines dial up when i was waiting for my broadband to be installed and it seemed slower than other dial up providers I have used.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2535)
  2. FTTP (2255)
  3. FTTC (1676)
  4. Building Digital UK (1616)
  5. Politics (1444)
  6. Openreach (1432)
  7. Business (1258)
  8. Statistics (1111)
  9. FTTH (1106)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1058)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. 4G (919)
  14. Wireless Internet (918)
  15. Virgin Media (870)
  16. EE (604)
  17. Sky Broadband (601)
  18. TalkTalk (586)
  19. Vodafone (534)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules