Sponsored Links

Underwhelmed after trying external antenna with Huawei B535

Tried the attic (hot up there today!!) and it made no difference. Same as I can get playing with the location of the router downstairs - max I get the SINR up to is 8

Huactrl app not available for iPhone - Huawei Smart Home app seems to be the equivalent but can't see the stats in there, so just use the ip address to log in direct and refresh the page when I move it
That's a shame, you could try ordering directional antennas from Amazon and see if it helps. You could always return them if they don't work as long as you don't damage them.

I found putting a bit of cardboard with tinfoil around it and putting it on the back of the router and pointing the front towards the tower helped with my stats so I built a couple of antenna to get better results but that wont work for everyone, you just have to experiment, its a matter of how much time/effort/money you want to put into it.

I hear the B818 is better than the B535, that might be an option too?

I do wonder if SINR of 8 is the highest you're likely to achieve at the distance you're at (-101 for RSRP is pretty middling).

Greetings once again.
As I said in a previous post, my 535 is located in my loft conversion and speeds are very sporadic, mainly I think because of the poor SNR.
I was walking up my road s couple of days ago and saw a house with what looked like 4g antenna on a long pole.
Sure enough, it was.... And it was a Poynting xpol 1
I scoured the internet, YouTube and all for advice, and decided to try the Poynting thing again.
I know where the masts are and tried all different locations on my 3rd floor (wth the antenna in a plastic bag on a long pole) and again, awful signals and download speeds, no matter where and how I positioned it.
I basically tried plugging in the modem in just about every socket in the house (whilst looking at HuaCtrl) and eventually got down to the ground floor kitchen where results seemed better.
I went outside on my patio (with xpol dangling) and found the most amazing position, low down next to my shed and pointing in the totally opposite direction to the mast!!!
I'm getting SNR of SEVENTEEN
RSRP of -84db and speeds bursting to 70Mbps (lucky to get 10 before)
So it goes to show, that it really is trial and error, totally unscientific and counter intuitive.
My xpol1 is now mounted next to my shed and I'm currently working out how to drill a hole through my outside wall.
Just thought I'd share this with y'all.

Reactions: Jmi
Do also try Vodafone and EE.

They seem to be widely reported as producing the best in speeds and performance for mobile broadband.

Check your Voda mast first, if its band 20 only then it will max out at 50mbs if close by, I have never got above 25mbs at 4km away. Rural masts tend to be band 20 only as its good for long distance.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules