Sponsored

Underwhelmed after trying external antenna with Huawei B535

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
I'm not sure I'd recommend the weather balloon approach. You have to be aware of any licence / height restrictions on this before floating them and they're an excellent way of attracting lightning strikes, which aren't so good for mobile connectivity :LOL:

Andytwed

Hi

I’m having issues getting a good connection with three, B535, and a Poynting external antenna.

can I ask, how are people forcing the band? Someone even mentioned forcing it to only connect to a specific cell id - is that possible?

thanks
Andy

TTJJ

HuaCtrl app on Android. Windows app as well but forget the name - works well though.

GavinAshford

Pro Member
I don't believe any Huawei router allows fixing to a specific cell. A directional antenna is probably the best bet to point at the mast you want.

Meatball

Casual Member
One solution that does not appear to have been mentioned is that if you can get power in the loft then rather than cable down from an antenna to the 535, try the 535 in a loft on paddles and if it successfully improves signal then ethernet cable down to pick up your home network (external grade if necessary).
If using paddles or antenna disable internal in config.
There is not one solution for all unfortunately.

kommando828

Pro Member
My B525 is as close to the antenna as possible in the eaves, then I use Cat6 Ethernet cable to run to the main router which acts as the hub for the house. That reduces the signal loss from the coaxial from the B525 to the antenna to a minimum and the Cat6 is well within the longest length before that becomes an issue. Just means a long walk if I need to do a full reset on the B525, normal reboots can be done remotely.

I use Huawei Monitor on a PC to force band selection, for me Band 3 only gives the best download, CA 3 + 20 gives no real benefit but depends on the mast and your relative location.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £19.95 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Gift Card
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
    Gift: None
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Vodafone £22.95
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*35.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2658)
  2. FTTP (2462)
  3. FTTC (1723)
  4. Building Digital UK (1663)
  5. Politics (1543)
  6. Openreach (1514)
  7. Business (1327)
  8. FTTH (1235)
  9. Statistics (1157)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1132)
  11. Fibre Optic (1020)
  12. 4G (978)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (973)
  14. Wireless Internet (972)
  15. Virgin Media (938)
  16. EE (654)
  17. Sky Broadband (640)
  18. TalkTalk (619)
  19. Vodafone (608)
  20. 3G (442)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules