Sponsored Links

Uno's Duo Advanced product

Stewd

Hi there,

I am wondering if anyone has experience with Uno's Duo Advanced product?

It is amazingly cheap and, having had a discussion with Uno, the only difference is that the assurance rate is lower (20Mbps) than there standard Fibre+ offerings (40Mbps).

Has anyone used it and can share experience?

Cheers,

Stewd

I have wondered the same.

I had the following from further information from Uno about the Duo product via email:

Duo are new services recently launched and unlike our other services, we don't use just one specific wholesale network for delivery of the service - we use the best value option in that area or exchange.

Duo services have lower assurance rates compared to our other fibre products which is worked in to the cost. It also requires you to bring the line rental to us and is only offered on an 18 month term.

Our Fibre+ and Fibre+ Pro have higher assurance rates so if you're looking for "guaranteed" performance minimums that are nearer to your sync rate, they would be the product to go for.

I posted the following thoughts on the TBB forum:

I believe the assured rate is the rate that they would take any action with their wholesale provider if the actual throughput is lower (than the assured rate).

I may still get what I get now on Duo Advanced, but Uno are going to be in a significantly worse position in terms of escalating to their wholesale network provider if there are performance issues.

For me, it comes down to a question about whether I potentially want to risk compromising my broadband connection to save money (and the saving is not inconsiderable - £14 per month compared to the monthly equivalent of my annual fee with IDNet).

I get the feeling that this is a product designed to compete with the mass market products and may be found wanting by more discerning users, but that is just conjecture.

Don't know how right or wrong I am, but it was sufficient that it made me bottle out of making the commitment.

Don't know how right or wrong I am, but it was sufficient that it made me bottle out of making the commitment.

I drew the same conclusion. Both my wife an I need a performant and reliable connection for work so I bricked it and went A&A 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules