Sponsored

Update the system clock Vispa

Captain_Cretin

ULTIMATE Member
So, my internet connection died just before 5pm today, I tried a soft reboot of the router after watching it connect and drop the connection every other second for about 10 minutes; when a hard reset also failed to establish a connection I tried to call tech support - only to be told that the phone lines are only open 9am - 6pm; all fine and good BUT IT WAS TEN PAST FIVE!!!!

Connection successfully re-established at 5:20, no obvious reason for the problem, and no Open Reach monkeys fiddling at the box (I went and looked).

Last edited by a moderator:

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
kinda reminds me of the time back down in hampshire when not only did l loose my connection for 24hours but also lost 3meg of download speed, l started with nearly 7meg download and was left with little more than 3meg, even when the connection did come back it wouldnt stay connected for more than 5mins.

l eventually called my ISP, which l believe was EurISP at the time, took weeks to get them to send out an engineer, tho from what l was told there was a back log, it seemed that there was a rather major outage which happened to me be on the day l had issues. and when the engineer did visit he played with my filters cutting me off.. and caused more problems. eventually l was let out of my contract early and and moved ISP, tho l never got my the speed back l wasnt suffering disconnections any more.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Ahh Daylight Saving Time shenanigans, will the wonders it causes never cease :).

Sledgehammer

ULTIMATE Member
I watch RT news and one item in particular. Forgot the Russian Government abandoned all this business about playing around with clocks. I had missed a few days (programme only on twice a week) when doing a programme check I found it was on 1 hour earlier. "rhubarb" It is definately time all this clock changing was STOPPED.

IF RUSSIA CAN DO IT WHY CAN'T WE?

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2509)
  2. FTTP (2194)
  3. FTTC (1657)
  4. Building Digital UK (1605)
  5. Politics (1424)
  6. Openreach (1417)
  7. Business (1237)
  8. Statistics (1098)
  9. FTTH (1071)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1036)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (898)
  15. Virgin Media (856)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (591)
  18. TalkTalk (578)
  19. Vodafone (517)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules