Sponsored Links

Updating windows 10 CPU drivers?

Buggerlugz

ULTIMATE Member
So I've gone to AMD's website installed the AMD Chipset driver package and everything's working fine, also have the "Balanced Ryzen plan" listed in the power settings. However I am unable to download and install a specific AMD CPU driver update, if I go to the correct AMD support webpage for the Ryzen 5 2600x all I can download is the Ryzen master software.

The reason i ask is because in device manager it says Ryzen 5 and shows 12 threads but the driver is dated 21/04/2009 and the driver version is 10.0.19041.546

Is there an update for this, or is this showing in everyones device manager for Ryzen cpu's?

So I've gone to AMD's website installed the AMD Chipset driver package and everything's working fine, also have the "Balanced Ryzen plan" listed in the power settings. However I am unable to download and install a specific AMD CPU driver update, if I go to the correct AMD support webpage for the Ryzen 5 2600x all I can download is the Ryzen master software.

The reason i ask is because in device manager it says Ryzen 5 and shows 12 threads but the driver is dated 21/04/2009 and the driver version is 10.0.19041.546

Is there an update for this, or is this showing in everyones device manager for Ryzen cpu's?
Dude, I had the same problem, but you certainly won't like the solution. There is no way to fix it. AMD hammered a bolt on it and that's it. I am now sitting myself with a ryzen 7 36 processor ?? U and I'm fine.

But I think, this video can help you-

Apparently the cpu driver is built into the Bios now and loads the code prior to windows boot, so there's nothing to be done in windows.

Sponsored Links
Not so sure, when we had those cpu vulnerabilities last year(s) on Linux we had to update the microcode packages, so definitely there's something going on OS side..

I have an AMD 2600 CPU. If you download the AMD Radeon software it will auto-detect and install any drivers you need for your CPU Chipset, if they’re all up to date it will just error and say you’ve not got any compatible hardware (referring to the GPU) and you know you’re up to date.

not having a CPU driver problem but l can relate with driver annoyances, had a BSOD yesterday while watching files on PotPlayer (ironically happened once before on my old laptop doing the same thing but l digress) so l reached out for help at tenforums as the intel scanning software didnt find any updated drivers, someone did link generic ones which should have been compatible for my GPU (my i3 CPU was listed) but it threw off incompatibility errors on installing so lm stuck with a 2017 driver :/

Sponsored Links
Yeah, I tried that, it still keeps the 2009 windows 10 cpu drivers.
What it’s reporting in the actual CPU driver is irrelevant though it’s the chipset drivers that are important. Mine is fully up to date. I’ll post some screenshots of what I have.

1619965693203.png

This is definitely correct, I'm running the latest AMD drivers. I think the driver may just be some kind of interface to the CPU rather than a driver for the CPU itself.

If you go to System Devices, you'll also see various AMD drivers there. Mine are latest but show a driver date of 2020 for most of them (GPIO, SMBus etc. PCI is 2021)

My system works excellently and as you'd expect.

Yep, that's the same as mine, just the AMD specific drivers listed with some 2021 ones. Thanks for that TTJJ.

Discovered this today to put this one to bed for good...

"Windows doesn't have a device driver in order for you to use the CPU. The device driver you have seen by the name "CPU" is for managing things like the IO APIC, to route interrupts; the Local APIC, to enable multicore processing, several features like virtualization, NX bit, etc. You see... it happens that the CPU has a few I/O devices inside it, so this device driver is for managing them. "

Sponsored Links
There are drivers for the chipset of your motherboard. Just check AMD's site and download the latest ones for your motherboard(B350,X370). They include drivers for the NIC, USB, SATA, etc.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5468)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules