Sponsored

Upgrades

laserlout

Well, having been with Demon for many years, the time has come to upgrade from my 512 service to 1mb or 2mb service, just as I was looking in to doing this a letter came through the door and hey presto, a free upgrade to a maximum of 2mb.
As I am also looking to move house very shortly I contacted a great person in Demon (Sascha) who emailed the forms to transfer the account to a new telephone number, no cost to move the account and still a free upgrade.

I cannot complain about the service. :D

ADSLSTU

Same Here, it was a very nice suprise plus they haven`t changed the T&C`s so its still completely uncapped :D :D

Cobblers

Pro Member
This is a great deal, just wish I could take part in it, yet I'm too far away from my exchange to benefit from the 2mb line. :(

Apart from that though Demon's service is very good.

nougat

Casual Member
How come this Isp is selling 2mb broadband for £19.99 whilst regular isps are charging more for 1/4 of the speed?? Wheres the catch here. They are giving free modems and there is a free connection fee, where is the small print? So we pay that monthly fee and thats it?? I can't understand this, Bulldog has done this but up to 8mb with crap service but this Isp has good reviews...very odd.

Cobblers

Pro Member
Well for now I would imagine that Demon reckon not too many of their existing customers will get a 2mb line as they are too far away from their exchange to get one.

I doubt they would have offered this service if they thought this would effect their reputation. Only time will tell I guess.

Muggins

I have recieved the same notification from Demon, i've been with them for years.. first using their BT surftime dialup then moving to their 512 adsl.
Now its just a matter of waiting for BT to upgrade my exchange to enable me to get the 2mb, annoying cos the guy across the road has the 2mb but not me as of yet.
Typical for me that lol :)

Simon01

Pro Member
I am considering switching to Demon, after my current ISP are making quite a drama out of me moving house - can anyone tell me what their migration procedure is, as there's nothing obvious on the website?

I also notice that they do not provide any webspace, which would be a stumbling block for me, as I have several files I would still need to host. Do they provide a solution to this, such as add-ons to the Home package?

Thanks!

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2508)
  2. FTTP (2192)
  3. FTTC (1656)
  4. Building Digital UK (1604)
  5. Politics (1423)
  6. Openreach (1416)
  7. Business (1236)
  8. Statistics (1097)
  9. FTTH (1070)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1035)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (896)
  15. Virgin Media (855)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (590)
  18. TalkTalk (577)
  19. Vodafone (516)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules