Sponsored

UpTo 8MB BB (Congestion Ctrl)

smithy1983uk

its funny after making a reply to a post on here about fast4 a few mins later i was put on 'UpTo 8MB BB (Congestion Ctrl)' even though i am within my 15gb limit at the moment - You have currently used 9.131 GigaBytes this month.

now my connection is running at dail up speeds what a total joke

Capped4

Pro Member
its funny after making a reply to a post on here about fast4 a few mins later i was put on 'UpTo 8MB BB (Congestion Ctrl)' even though i am within my 15gb limit at the moment - You have currently used 9.131 GigaBytes this month.

now my connection is running at dail up speeds what a total joke
Same here, can't get in to log a ticket and the helpful customer service aren't answering phones due to "high call volume"

I can't continue this post without swearing and being abusive, so I'll go.

smithy1983uk

i hope its just a coincidence

with some luck only till Wednesday i have to deal with this

edit - fixed now

My apologies for this; the speed restriction should have been automatically removed for customers on the 1st March but in some cases, this has not occured - I have however removed the restriction for your account now.

Please note that this restriction will be put in place again if your usage exceeds the FUP (15Gb) throughout this month.

Kind Regards,

Capped4

Pro Member
Got through on the phone--- have been promised it will be put right "hopefully" before fast4 go home tonight. No idea why this has been placed on the account, but I did get an apology - so that's all right, then :rolleyes:

Has anyone else heard that bin-laden and salman rushdie are hiding at 61 london road, blackwater, camberly ? That's GU17 0AB for missile guidance programming :D

falum

Casual Member
Thought it was the bad weather (leaves on the line;-)
Got my MAC code today.
just backs up my thoughts that it's time to switch.

Off to sell my soul and sign upto AOL for a free PS3, 40gb limit @19.99/month.

Mac

Top Member
LOL u going to have 24 months of a AOL just for a free PS3. I love my PS3 but not that much.

falum

Casual Member
was with them 5- 6 years ago when I was young and innocent and actually didn't have any trouble for 2 years. After fast4 I'm thinking how bad can they really be?

Mac

Top Member
can you get it for £19.99 or do you have to pay the extra £10. My brother in law has Talk Talk and his ping is huge.

Don't expect to be using you PS3 online with a ping like that. See what other talk talk users say before signing up for 24 months. Also if you get the £19.99 you will have the £47 charge when you leave to get off LLU

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
are they same company as talktalk if so might end up on the phorm read the news on main page sees so far BT talktalk and VM have supposedly signed away the customers surfing habits to be farmed by thirdparty to force feed adverts and make loads of £££££ for the ISP. Ssure I pay for my connectin and perhaps for a free connection might be willing to have bigbrother watching me.

falum

Casual Member
hmm food for thought. Dont online game much, had a look at adsl24 who seem to be flavour of the month. Just got reply from fast4 asking to be removed from the congestion speed but apparently they cant until I buy more GB's even though I'm on 7gb for the month.

more to follow.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
hmm food for thought. Dont online game much, had a look at adsl24 who seem to be flavour of the month. Just got reply from fast4 asking to be removed from the congestion speed but apparently they cant until I buy more GB's even though I'm on 7gb for the month.

more to follow.
If you are only on 7gig for month and alowed 15gig then that has to be wrong unless they are dropping the limit again to less than 15gig.

falum

Casual Member
I got a reply to my 1st ticket in 45 seconds saying cant remove limit as I'm over limit and now I've copy and pasted their console message no reply and now all gone home. Suppose it's punishment for getting my MAC code.

I'm sorry to leave you fast4 but it's just not working out for us, please dont make the last month together a bitter one......

Mac

Top Member
If you are only on 7gig for month and alowed 15gig then that has to be wrong unless they are dropping the limit again to less than 15gig.
OK don't know if this is going to make sense. If you have only paid for part of a month (part of the 28 days notice),then they wouldn't have given you a full months 15gb, only a percentage of it. This may be why people are getting capped. If you take the extra amount you had to pay, (mine was about £4.25) divide it by .50 (a rough daily cost of Fats4 BB) gives me 8.5, (Which is the amount of days in my final part month with fast4). So I get about 500mb per day with Fast4 I will have 4.5gb of usage for the remaining part of my contract ( 8.5 days after my final full month of payment).

Hope it makes sense.

Shinra

Well Fast4 is going down the crap route im on Congestion Ctrl for using 3gb and i have no idea how ive used 3gb in 10 dayss as ive been away.

This better be fixed asap stupid fast4 and there slow crap service.

PCR

ULTIMATE Member
well im absolutely ******* livid at the moment. have i stuck thru all the ******** over the last year, for them to damn well stick me on 'congestion control' ??? ive only friggin used 4 gig this month !? i mean, what the hells going on with them ? can they not get anything right ? i am so pissed off, and dont normally get this wound up, am usually calm and reasonable.. ive ******* had enough.

5atan

downloaded this month
You have currently used 0.674 GigaBytes this month. This is calculated by adding 0.584GB of download data to 0.09GB of upload data used this month.

From fast4 at 11:16 this morning
My apologies for this; the speed restriction should have been automatically removed for customers on the 1st March but in some cases, this has not occured - I have however removed the restriction for your account now.

Please note that this restriction will be put in place again if your usage exceeds the FUP throughout this month

at 18:00

Wa*kers

fraybentos

Casual Member
I've been put on the Congestion pipe to. I was unlimited yesterday - I'm green in the FUP section and have only downloaded 2.54 gb. I've also been charged twice, once for closing my account and again for the subscription a few days later (I have raised a ticket and hopefully will sort tomorrow).

I've been happy with the service for several months but this is a bit cheeky!

PCR

ULTIMATE Member
ok so i *managed* to squeeze into my webmail and see what mails id been sent today.. and i got this

"Last week we contacted you to explain that we were making some
important
changes to your Broadband account.

Based on your past three months usage we have now identified that your
account may not fit in with one of the new packages as well as we would
hope. We have identified that you have consistently used over 25GB per
month. Rather than transfer you to one of our new packages where you
might
incur exceptionally high charges for excess bandwidth usage we have
therefore not yet moved your account. Instead, your account has
remained
on the old unlimited product (which is no longer available) and the
speed
at which you can download has been restricted to reduce the amount of
bandwidth that you can use."

so.. because they want me to choose a new package, until i get intouch and
choose, theyv put me onto ******* congestion control !?! all because my past
usage went over 15 gig ? and might 'not be useful to me'... do they think im stupid?
that i cant understand new rules and restrictions ?! i fully understand what
changes happened and what i should and shouldnt do, but to restrict my account
until i 'decide' where i want to go, how dare they ?!?! i am so angry now. i have so
many things i need to do this evening, but with the speed of a friggin mobile phone
connection ? how can i ? i only wanted to stay on the 15 gig limit! i would have stuck to it no problem! my usage this month (10 days) is only 4 gig! so another 20 days wouldv been about 12 gig ! no problem!... but thats it now. ive had enough.. im off this weekend.

falum

Casual Member
ok so i *managed* to squeeze into my webmail and see what mails id been sent today.. and i got this

"Last week we contacted you to explain that we were making some
important
changes to your Broadband account.

Based on your past three months usage we have now identified that your
account may not fit in with one of the new packages as well as we would
hope. We have identified that you have consistently used over 25GB per
month. Rather than transfer you to one of our new packages where you
might
incur exceptionally high charges for excess bandwidth usage we have
therefore not yet moved your account. Instead, your account has
remained
"on the old unlimited product (which is no longer available) and the
speed
at which you can download has been restricted to reduce the amount of
bandwidth that you can use."

Can also be read as...

"you know that unlimited package we advertised when you signed up..well it's not worked out for us so we are protecting you from yourself by making your line go at 1994 speeds"

Also when the dreaded 1% club (need t-shirts with this on) were identified why not just boot them after a warning.
The whole tone of Fast4 now is "for gods sake don't use your connection cos we can't handle it"

This is just getting worse.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Plusnet £21.99 (*34.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £75 Cashback
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2537)
  2. FTTP (2255)
  3. FTTC (1677)
  4. Building Digital UK (1616)
  5. Politics (1446)
  6. Openreach (1432)
  7. Business (1259)
  8. Statistics (1114)
  9. FTTH (1106)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1059)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (924)
  13. 4G (919)
  14. Wireless Internet (919)
  15. Virgin Media (871)
  16. EE (606)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (587)
  19. Vodafone (535)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules