month. Rather than transfer you to one of our new packages where you might
incur exceptionally high charges for excess bandwidth usage we have
therefore not yet moved your account. Instead, your account has remained
on the old unlimited product (which is no longer available) and the speed
at which you can download has been restricted to reduce the amount of
bandwidth that you can use.

We therefore invite you to contact us over the next 7 days with your
instructions so that we can make the correct choices for you. The
following new package options are available to you.

1. Home Lite - 1GB inclusive allowance - £9.98 per month
2. Home Standard - 15GB inclusive allowance - £16.95 per month
3. Home Pro - 30GB inclusive allowance - £24.95 per month

All of the above packages include the option to purchase additional
bandwidth from as little as £1 per GB.

If you do not feel that any of the above packages are suitable for you
then you can request your MAC code from your members area or by contacting
our Customer Service team during normal working hours. This will allow you
to move your broadband service to another provider should you not wish to
be moved to one of the new packages on offer.

Please ensure that you inform us of your decision no later than Monday
17th March 2008 to prevent your account from being switched to a package
that may not be suitable for your needs.

Kind Regards,
Customer Services

Please note that you cannot reply to this email.

5atan

Seems like MurphX is about to pull the plug and is currently only supplying enough bandwidth to give us all next to nothing

2Gb this month at this rate

PCR

ULTIMATE Member
Im so annoyed with this ! you cant just limit ppl! especially when the new 'limit' imposed was 15gig and most posting here havent touched that yet, new chosen package yet or no new chosen package.. at least send a mail saying we're gonna slow you down if you havent decided in the next week.. or something. you cant just slow ppl down to a crawl and MAKE them decide. this is a joke.

falum

Casual Member
how many customers can they lose before they collapse?

I think if they had sent this new option email before the 15GB cap one from last week I may have stayed on. I can stick to 30GB so I find the part about your last 3 months was over 25gb a bit insulting...when your with an ISP whose front page makes a big deal of having no fup and limit then you do get into the habit of using alot.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Seems like MurphX is about to pull the plug and is currently only supplying enough bandwidth to give us all next to nothing

2Gb this month at this rate

Only reason Murphx would pull the plug was if Fast4 was behind with payments.

Mac

Top Member
My account has just changed from home unlimited to Max Home Standard

I also just received the email about the changes.

mc6415

Pro Member
The speeds I'm currently receiving are pathetic, took me about a minute to load this page :mad: It's worse that I can remember dial-up ever being, Fast4's handling of current affairs has been damn awful, is there business stratigiser a 4 year old or something?

qlp

As soon as I requested my MAC my connection is now unusable, it just seems to shifty to be a coincidence..

falum

Casual Member
As soon as I requested my MAC my connection is now unusable, it just seems to shifty to be a coincidence..
me too, 9am this morning I get my MAC, get home and wife says its been slow most of the day.

fraybentos

Casual Member
I can't even get onto my email to see if I received an email like that today.

I'm very disappointed, I've never gone over the cap and had no intention of going over 15gb. Put me on the congestion pipe or charge me more if I go over 15gb - fine I have no problem with that but I know the limit and am monitoring my usage.

The speed at which I'm getting about 4kb makes just browsing unbearable let alone trying to download anything.

I have got my mac code and paid for the rest of the month but don't penalise me for thinking that i might have trouble with my usage. I've paid £14 for nothing!:mad:

IveBeenDone4

Great isn't it, After a few days - everything becomes slow, even driving in your car. Why rush?

Because we paid to rush - Broadband it's called, pah - Broadband my arse!!!

I think the term "8MB BB" refers to "BED & BREAKFAST", Enter web address goto bed have breakfast in the morning and by then the page should be ready.

Yup, I've been in this situation for a good number of days now.

I think 2nd class post is faster....

Shinra

I have contacted watchdog and other firms to investigate Fast4 ive been capped to what seems 0.97kbps as thats what flashget was saying. Even browsin google.com takes a few seconds like 40 seconds.

Its illegal to force anyone to upgrade just as soon as ive been billed aswell whats your crap answer now paul? big waste of time.

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
are they same company as talktalk if so might end up on the phorm read the news on main page sees so far BT talktalk and VM have supposedly signed away the customers surfing habits to be farmed by thirdparty to force feed adverts and make loads of £££££ for the ISP. Ssure I pay for my connectin and perhaps for a free connection might be willing to have bigbrother watching me.
According to a post on Talktalk's own forums, they *may* actually be considering giving their customers the choice of a genuine opt-out of the whole phorm system http://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/showthread.php?p=199091#post199091 (if it isn't PR spin)

But if I was thinking of joining Talk Talk (which I wouldn't, well not unless the only other options were tiscali and Farce4), I'd wait for them to release an unambiguous official statement.

PCR

ULTIMATE Member
its funny that it says it works enough to collect mail and browse webpages.. i dont know what kind though, as the only pages that are coming up within 15-25 seconds are very basic pages of text, otherwise its pretty much useless.

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
I have contacted watchdog and other firms to investigate Fast4 ive been capped to what seems 0.97kbps as thats what flashget was saying. Even browsin google.com takes a few seconds like 40 seconds.

Its illegal to force anyone to upgrade just as soon as ive been billed aswell whats your crap answer now paul? big waste of time.
NJPservices (Fast4) are members of the ISPA, Complaints, thataway ====> http://www.ispa.org.uk/complaints/

Capped4

Pro Member

Well the email arrived and I'm still on silly-slow speed, my traffic light is green at 6.95 Gb and i have less than three days with these twisters.

Shinra, could you post a link, address or phone no. for Watchdog to make it easier for some of us to follow your lead and add weight to your complaint. I was willing to bow out quietly on the 13th until this.

Is there any point in further input from the fast4 rep / support. ? What IS unquestionable is that they are either kept in the dark about developments, or blatently lie about what is going on. This is not close to libellous, we all have the tickets to prove, do we not?

The mutual politeness during phone conversations is farcical in itself, but we mustn't give them a reason to legitimately end our contract...

EDIT- Mel, looking through the ISPA site, you will need a deadlock letter or a complaint of 3 months duration, I believe. Totally toothless IMO as I would assume that leaving the service would be considered a resolution!!!

PCR

ULTIMATE Member
well, i set my o2 page loading, about 15 minutes ago, and im still waiting.. i am so pissed off. grr !

Something Else

Casual Member
I got the same email, and have the same worse-than-dial-up speeds. Again, I haven't gone over the limit or anything.

I'm still waiting for my MAC code as well. Even if they send it I probably won't even be able to load my email. This has been the worst month of internet I have ever experienced.

They were off to a good start when I had no internet whatsoever for five days after their "maintenance", and then I thought "Well, even if there's a 15GB limit on the new supplier, at least I'll get good speeds and a reliable connection right?" Wrong. The "8Mb" speeds were worse than before the switch (about 400KB/s download compared to 800KB/s before), and now I'm on this ridiculous congestion control, with no MAC code!

I can't even phone them during "work hours" because I'm out. Isn't it supposed to be a "home" service, implying that they should provide support for when people are actually at home (i.e. not at work)?

Just to top it off, it seems that none of the Fast4 staff have the guts to post in here. I guess even they can't come up with an excuse for this. It's as though they've just locked us in some dark cupboard and hope we can't find a way out and bother them.

It's good to have a rant, isn't it?:D

Last edited:

paul316

Pro Member
I fired of an email earlier asking a few questions about leaving them, and if I get put on a congestion ctrl or screwed over in any fashion then I will know why, as I am nowhere near 15GB.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
    Gift: None
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2553)
  2. FTTP (2291)
  3. FTTC (1687)
  4. Building Digital UK (1626)
  5. Politics (1456)
  6. Openreach (1444)
  7. Business (1272)
  8. FTTH (1124)
  9. Statistics (1118)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1067)
  11. Fibre Optic (984)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (930)
  13. Wireless Internet (929)
  14. 4G (925)
  15. Virgin Media (876)
  16. EE (607)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (587)
  19. Vodafone (542)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules