Sponsored

UpTo 8MB BB (Congestion Ctrl)

falum

Casual Member
NJPservices (Fast4) are members of the ISPA, Complaints, thataway ====> http://www.ispa.org.uk/complaints/
Thanks for the link. I've made a complaint and enclosed this forum thread. Totally unexceptable from an ISP. They are forcing it's customers into a new contract by throttling them so they either jump ship or move onto new package asap. Why the hell have they gone about this is such a stupid way? I can't wait to hear a fast4 rep bull his way out of this one.

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
EDIT- Mel, looking through the ISPA site, you will need a deadlock letter or a complaint of 3 months duration, I believe. Totally toothless IMO as I would assume that leaving the service would be considered a resolution!!!
I don't think you have to wait that long to approach the ISPA, I thought it was 10 days or something like that. The ISPA is only a trade body, but I've been lead to believe that a complaint to them can sometimes help.

Where you will need to request a deadlock letter from Fast4, and have to wait 3 months if it is not provided, is if you wish to make a complaint to their Ofcom approved Arbitration service, CISAS. It will take too long to achieve anything before you can migrate, but you can seek fair compensation at the time of making the complaint to CISAS, such as the current months payment refunded if the service is as unsatisfactory as it would appear from the posts, plus as they changed the T&C's any cancellation or notice fee (if you haven't stopped your DD and credit card). Or Maybe even for them not providing the 60GB you've paid for? :shrug: Cisas is free (well the ISPs have to pay CISAS's fees) and their decision is only legally binding on the ISP.

Last edited:

mc6415

Pro Member
this is getting beyond a joke now, can't even load the BBC site, I thought I was still supposed to be able to browse the web and send some e-mails, of which I can do neither and now thanks to that I have one college assignment in late that I was supposed to e-mail in today, thanks a bunch Farce4, I seriously hope the **** hits the fan in the coming months and Farce4 are no longer around, the sooner the ISP world is rid of you the better, you make tiscali look like the best thing since sliced bread, I mean come on I can't even get on the BBC site that's pathetic, why even offer broadband if you then make it unusable for people, roll on thursday when I'm rid of your company and your incompetence.

Weatherlawyer

ULTIMATE Member
Thought it was the bad weather (leaves on the line;-)
Got my MAC code today.
just backs up my thoughts that it's time to switch.

Off to sell my soul and sign up to AOL for a free PS3, 40gb limit @19.99/month.
I hope I am not paying for that. Not that I particularly want a PS£ only I should have signed up again and got a laptop but thought the isdea was churlish.

Now I think I am a wet fool. (Lots of disconnects on AOL lately. Nothing dreadful, just a bloody cheek. I shall have to go on you tube all day long and count the number of reconnects.)

mc6415

Pro Member
I get the impression your stats are much better than mine. So what are you complaining about?

1605/355 on here:
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/speed/

So I did the first one again and got: 2003/365
Well then you have the wrong impression, I can't even d a speedtest at the minute my connection is so slow, and I'm complaining about being put on the congestion pipe before I even hit the new limit that they put me on, I tried my hardest to keep within 15GB I did so and I sill get put on the congestion pipe where I can't even load the BBC site and then you come in and say you get the impression my stats are better than yours? I think you should have attempted to read my posts before making those accusations as you would of clearly seen this is not the case.

mc6415

Pro Member
well your stats are about a hundred times better than mine, literally

on ispreview's speedtester:

down 28kbps/ up 23kbps

Capped4

Pro Member
Got through on the phone--- have been promised it will be put right "hopefully" before fast4 go home tonight. No idea why this has been placed on the account, but I did get an apology - so that's all right, then :rolleyes:
Well, still on congestion control after being fed that pack of lies.NO idea why I was placed on congestion control? - utter bullsh! t, You were well aware what was going on.
Taken off congestion control?--- A LIE.

Got an answer to a ticket requesting removal from congestion control, and was told that because of previous usage, I was on c.c. as I don't fit any of their new packages.

"customer care" a pleasant lady named Paula, working from home during heavy call volume - tells me she contacted Paul in Support whilst I was on the phone this morning and he says its impossible to move my account because I've cancelled- but if I want to sign up to one of the new packages, no problem!! Was that an underhand way to get me to agree to a new 12 month contract with dubious sales methods? BEWARE

I have been promised a return phone call by someone in authority, but I'm not holding my breath.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
I can only suggest you contact trading standards, OFCOM and the ISPS ADR since this is unfair trading MPO.

I would be on the phone and sending recorded letters out now to back up the phone call.

alared

Casual Member
Kits

I have received my MAC code from Fast4 today.
It expires on 15/4/08

Does this mean I must sign up with someone else before the expiry date?

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
you have 2 choices sign up with a new ISP ASAP and move without using all the days you have paid for with Fast4 of wait till the time is almost up and sign up. Normally takes around 5 days to complete a migration can you stand staying with congestion control until then?

Capped4

Pro Member
Thanks for the link. I've made a complaint and enclosed this forum thread. Totally unexceptable from an ISP. They are forcing it's customers into a new contract by throttling them so they either jump ship or move onto new package asap. Why the hell have they gone about this is such a stupid way? I can't wait to hear a fast4 rep bull his way out of this one.
Yes, mel, thanks for the link and explaining to me my misunderstanding.
Complaint lodged

alared

Casual Member
you have 2 choices sign up with a new ISP ASAP and move without using all the days you have paid for with Fast4 of wait till the time is almost up and sign up. Normally takes around 5 days to complete a migration can you stand staying with congestion control until then?
Thanks for that Kits.

The situation is this, I`ve cancelled today online, and taking in the 28 days notice period they have taken £11-30,which takes me up to 15/4/08.
The MAC expires on 10/4/08 and joining TalkTalk (i know,i know) today would get me connected on 5/4/08.

TalkTalk want £16-39 a month for 8 megs and a 40 gig a month download.
Also included in the £16-39 is the line rental of £10-50 plus free calls evenings and weekends.
I may live to regret it, but to me it`s a no-brainer.
I have never downloaded even the new 15 gig Fast4 limit in a month.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
    Gift: None
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2553)
  2. FTTP (2292)
  3. FTTC (1688)
  4. Building Digital UK (1627)
  5. Politics (1457)
  6. Openreach (1444)
  7. Business (1273)
  8. FTTH (1125)
  9. Statistics (1118)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1068)
  11. Fibre Optic (984)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (930)
  13. Wireless Internet (929)
  14. 4G (926)
  15. Virgin Media (876)
  16. EE (607)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (587)
  19. Vodafone (542)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules