Sponsored Links

Using MikroTik LGH for internet

pepperplant

Hi all, First post on the forum but looking for advice.
We are moving to an area with terrible wired broadband service, and the lines themselves are very damaged so in wind or rain the current occupiers have issues with connection.
I've decided to go down the Mobile Broadband route as there is plenty of 4G coverage.
I'm looking at the mikrotik LHG. After a bit of reading it seems this is a antenna and modem package and has 2 ethernet connections one is POE and the other is the ethernet connection to whatever you want. I currently have one of the Asus Nighthawk range of routers and wondered if I can plug the ethernet from the Mikrotik LHG into the WAN port on the back and use the router for both its ethernet ports (PC and TV) and the wireless for phones and tablets etc.
Is this possible? or do I need a specific router?
Also any reviews on the Mikrotik would be great as well.

Thanks for reading

Hi,

No reason you should not be able to do this.

Re buying, Can you share your plans on operator and approx location ? The mikrotiks don't support band 32 which is potentially important for Three and Vodafone.

Hi Lucian, thanks for the reply.
I'm near Sevenoaks in Kent. I have 2 options with the provider, I can use 02 who I'm with on my company phone and has great signal there, or Three also has good signal. Any other companies get limited coverage it seems

Sponsored Links
Mikrotik LGH (WIFI kit) in post title and Mikrotik LHG (LTE) in your text. Don't want you to order incorrectly.

Same as aesmith, I have an SXT in the loft pointing out through a slate roof. It's been rock solid for nearly 2 years. The setup could be a little daunting as it's got a load of configuration stuff available in the config software.. But you really don't need to get bogged down in all of that, a basic working setup is pretty straight forward there's good guides available and the forum is usually very helpful. People online moan that the network ports aren't the fastest but on a rural 4g device I doubt its going to be your limiting factor

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules