Sponsored

V21 Forum Opened

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Sorry I forgot to do this earlier, but we've now added a new forum for V21 since they're no longer a part of Biscit.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/forumdisplay.php?f=592

I'm going to close the Biscit forum unless anybody still needs to use it, please post an objection if you're still caught up with them.

jdtaylor

ULTIMATE Member
I agree a new forum for V21 is a good idea, and for anyone still stuck with Biscit, a simple solution what about just using the general ISP complaints forum instead, so the Biscit forum's not needed but if peopkle still have problems they have somewhere to post.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
I have had a few who seem to think that perhaps the forums be left until we are sure the adminstrator has closed the case on Biscit. A few expressed their worries about being contacted for any money they owed Biscit for the service they didn't have while with the company. :D

jdtaylor

ULTIMATE Member
I agree, leave it for a bit and then once the case is closed, close the forum it maes more sense.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Ok I'll leave it open, but can somebody remind me to close it once the case is finished with. I have a tendancy to forget these small things and then four years down the road find myself wondering why there's still a Biscit forum ;) .

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Biscit Bites Back?

There are two people saying this now. They just will not go away.
Oh dear, I hope former Biscit and V21 customers have kept proof of payments and proof of cancellation where appropriate, in case they go after those with smaller "debts" too.

Incidently, I see V21 have liquidators now http://www.gazettes-online.co.uk/searchResultsView.asp?webType=0&searchString=biscit&selDateFromDay=0&selDateFromMonth=0&selDateFromYear=0&selDateToDay=0&selDateToMonth=0&selDateToYear=0&searchIn=Notice&PageNumber=1

Publication Date: Thursday, 17 May 2007

Notice Code: 2443

Appointment of Liquidators

Company Number: 03965082.

Name of Company: V21.CO.UK LIMITED.

Previous Name of Company: Biscit CSP Limited.

Nature of Business: Internet Service Provider.

Type of Liquidation: Creditors.

Address of Registered Office: 80 Hinckley Road, Leicester LE3 0RD.

Liquidator's Name and Address: SitulDevjiRaithatha, Springfields Business Recovery & Insolvency Limited, 80 Hinckley Road, Leicester LE3 0RD.

Office Holder Number: 8927.

Date of Appointment: 10 May 2007.

By whom Appointed: Members and Creditors.

(252496)

Last edited:

Cynic

Casual Member
I am not surprised that spurious demands for payment are now being received. The administrators can only work with what information that Biscit has given them, however inaccurate that may be.
ISPs used to go bust, suddenly and quietly, your connection just disappeared, and you lost your money.
Unfortunately, some other recent ISP failures have ended in a huge mess. I recall comments in forums , where invoices were sent to all and sundry, even including some who had never heard of the ISP involved.
As this sorry shambles could drag on a while yet, I am keeping all relevant documents and records, just in case. What a pain in the butt !

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2535)
  2. FTTP (2255)
  3. FTTC (1676)
  4. Building Digital UK (1616)
  5. Politics (1444)
  6. Openreach (1432)
  7. Business (1258)
  8. Statistics (1111)
  9. FTTH (1106)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1058)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. 4G (919)
  14. Wireless Internet (918)
  15. Virgin Media (870)
  16. EE (604)
  17. Sky Broadband (601)
  18. TalkTalk (586)
  19. Vodafone (534)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules