Sponsored

V21 Service

PokerPlayer

Top Member
Did you get your (£60?) VAT exempt internet training manuals (booklets)
That was recently explained on the private forums. A few customers were demanding the manuals they pay for but were basically told to keep their gobs shut, otherwise packages would cost more. The manual doesn't exist. Nobody has ever recieved one, even those customers that requested it or asked why they hadn't recieved one. It's just a tax dodge because the "manual" is part of every monthly subscription (£5) and of course books/manuals are VAT exempt. It's kinda clever, maybe cunning but at the same time downright devious. If they'll blatantly fiddle the taxman, you can't help wondering if several years of billing mistakes really are mistakes, especially as customers have never (yet) been UNDER charged...

Unicast

ULTIMATE Member
That was recently explained on the private forums. A few customers were demanding the manuals they pay for but were basically told to keep their gobs shut, otherwise packages would cost more. The manual doesn't exist. Nobody has ever recieved one, even those customers that requested it or asked why they hadn't recieved one. It's just a tax dodge because the "manual" is part of every monthly subscription (£5) and of course books/manuals are VAT exempt. It's kinda clever, maybe cunning but at the same time downright devious. If they'll blatantly fiddle the taxman, you can't help wondering if several years of billing mistakes really are mistakes, especially as customers have never (yet) been UNDER charged...
If that is true that really is a shocking way to run a business. If I were a customer of their's I'd be looking to take my business elsewhere.

PokerPlayer

Top Member
They say that it's perfectly ok as they're charging £5 a month for the "Internet Manual" which saves the customer money. Compare their prices and they're not particularly cheap any more so without that little bonus, they'd probably be too expensive to compete.

Terms & Conditions
1.3 "Charges" means the charges payable by you for the Service, the training Manual and the Modem, details of which appear on the Price List;
1.8 "Order Date" means the date on which you accept these terms and conditions and thereby place an order for the Service, the Training Manual and Modem.
1.9 "Price List" means the prices published by V Two One on the sign up pages of charges payable for the Service, the Training Manual and the Modem, as may be amended by V Two One from time to time.
1.16 "Training Manual" means annual V Two One internet use and training manual.
2.9 The Service must be taken in conjunction with the Training Manual.
3.3 In relation to your Registration Details, you agree and hereby consent to V Two One passing those details to BT and to such other third parties as may be necessary in order to provide and operate the Service and deliver the Training Manual and the Modem.

Inactive

ULTIMATE Member
I suspect that " what they say (V21 ) and what the Vat Man says may well not be the same thing, time will tell.

wobbler

This non existent internet training manual scam has been going on for years. It's a sad indictment on a company if their main source of income is from blatantly screwing the inland revenue. Something to be proud of is it Mr. Kaye? You should be rotting in jail, and the company's assets frozen.

Quick, someone call the vat man!

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
https://www.taxevasionhotline.co.uk/ :)

I did actually contact Customs & Excise over a year ago just to make sure they were happy with vat exempt manuals. I've been told they sometimes pay a reward for information, but not heard anything yet.

Who knows perhaps it is all legal and above board, but anyway when someone mentions S.K, I always think of the dodgy bloke on that TV ad :D

Don't forget, If you haven't got your manual, contact trading standards to see if they can get the £60 refunded.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
    Gift: None
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2553)
  2. FTTP (2291)
  3. FTTC (1687)
  4. Building Digital UK (1626)
  5. Politics (1456)
  6. Openreach (1444)
  7. Business (1272)
  8. FTTH (1124)
  9. Statistics (1118)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1067)
  11. Fibre Optic (984)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (930)
  13. Wireless Internet (929)
  14. 4G (925)
  15. Virgin Media (876)
  16. EE (607)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (587)
  19. Vodafone (542)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules