Sponsored Links

Vectone is dead

Koda

Pro Member
Posting here to mention what is known already, what is being speculated, and hopefully to later reveal definitive answers if we ever get a formal statement.

A few days ago, Vectone Mobile SIM cards lost provisioning, all customer service channels went silent, and their website while still live is broken when it comes to ordering a SIM, a plan, buying a topup or logging in to your account.

As far as I know, things had been going downhill for a while, but there didn't seem to be any major issues for things to suddenly disappear like this. While they were still a 3G/2G only operation, they supposedly had until the end of the year at least to make future plans to roll out 4G support or pull the plug. So it was unexpected to find that everything was just dead all of a sudden with many people's phone numbers lost in a black hole.

There's rumors and speculation appearing online that this is the end of the line. But until we know more for certain, what do we think? Totally abandoned without any notice? Another cyberattack like Lyca just recently had? Any evidence or news that people have found to support any theories?

Weird outfit.

Anyone remember their sister company Delight Mobile? Years ago I got a SIM from them for a visiting relative as they offered the (supposed) cheapest rates for their home country. Instead I got sent a Vectone SIM. Topped it up, was pretty appauling and that was back in something like 2017. Surprised they have any customers but given the complaints on their Trustpilot over the last few days there must be!

Given I think they were ex-T-Mobile, wonder if the 100 or so customers on legacy (3G only) T-Mobile plans have had their plug pulled as well.

Weird outfit.

Anyone remember their sister company Delight Mobile? Years ago I got a SIM from them for a visiting relative as they offered the (supposed) cheapest rates for their home country. Instead I got sent a Vectone SIM. Topped it up, was pretty appauling and that was back in something like 2017. Surprised they have any customers but given the complaints on their Trustpilot over the last few days there must be!

Given I think they were ex-T-Mobile, wonder if the 100 or so customers on legacy (3G only) T-Mobile plans have had their plug pulled as well.
T-Mobile is still going until January. This was supposed to be the deadline for Vectone as I understand it. Which is why I was surprised to see everything die suddenly at a sooner date.

Sponsored Links
I'm getting a strong Lyca Mobile vibe from the reports I'm seeing about Vectone Mobile (loss of service, no support, website problems etc.). I'll try to find out more, but we don't have a clear contact for the operator.

The latest Trust Pilot reviews don't look good:

Quick little gander on companies house reveals that Lyca and Vectone have their offices very very close to each other... Also reveals on 'People' that someone on there has a very similar name... I decided to have a look at this because Lyca and Vectone had some decidedly similar aspects to their websites such as their sign in page.
Screenshot_20231026-094525.png

Screenshot_20231026-094517.png

Surely this can't be a coincidence.

I think they may be part of the Lyca group, but not 100% sure.

Sponsored Links
Had a customer come in on Tuesday saying they had their whole family on Vectone. 6 SIMs all not working. No service, no provisioning. They said it's apparently a common thing and has happened before?

They mentioned Trustpilot reviews taking a hit and customer service being completely unreachable. However, they expected it to be fixed in a few days time in line with their previous experiences.

Crazy how people will withstand that level of service (or lack thereof) just for a small saving. Especially when there's other better networks in the same price class. E.g. Smarty and Lebara.

Sponsored Links
Had a customer come in on Tuesday saying they had their whole family on Vectone. 6 SIMs all not working. No service, no provisioning. They said it's apparently a common thing and has happened before?

They mentioned Trustpilot reviews taking a hit and customer service being completely unreachable. However, they expected it to be fixed in a few days time in line with their previous experiences.

Crazy how people will withstand that level of service (or lack thereof) just for a small saving. Especially when there's other better networks in the same price class. E.g. Smarty and Lebara.
In some way i kinda get you but it is not always their fault, What has happened is unacceptable.

In some way i kinda get you but it is not always their fault, What has happened is unacceptable.
100% it's unacceptable. Ofcom really needs to do more to prevent incidents like these happening.

First it was Lycamobile that got hacked and was unable to access services for weeks. Now it's Vectone with a full service outage. Really wish the regulator would step in and do something.

I've been noticing not having signal since 24/10/2023 and when trying to call their customer phone line, nothing! Like a nail being dropped in a empty room, and even their website is gone aswell, saying "GATEWAY EXPIERED". I want my PAC, I'm not going to give up my number that I had for 10+ years.

Sponsored Links
Was with Vectone around 10 years ago, was the worst network for call quality and dropped calls, I lasted a whole 2 weeks before I left.

Not sure which network they were on then or if they have ever changed but it was really bad for me back then. :(

Was with Vectone around 10 years ago, was the worst network for call quality and dropped calls, I lasted a whole 2 weeks before I left.

Not sure which network they were on then or if they have ever changed but it was really bad for me back then. :(
T-Mobile/EE it would have been.

Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: HYPERDEAL
  • UtilityWarehouse £21.60
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
    Gift: None
  • Shell Energy £21.99
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • NOW £24.00
    Speed 63Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £24.00
    Speed 73 - 82Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Zzoomm £19.95
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • YouFibre £19.99
  • Community Fibre £20.00
  • BeFibre £21.00
    Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Sponsored Links
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5238)
  2. BT (3436)
  3. Politics (2436)
  4. Openreach (2241)
  5. Building Digital UK (2184)
  6. Business (2184)
  7. FTTC (2023)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1899)
  9. Statistics (1734)
  10. 4G (1604)
  11. Virgin Media (1535)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1414)
  13. FTTH (1377)
  14. Wireless Internet (1361)
  15. Fibre Optic (1359)
  16. 5G (1180)
  17. Vodafone (1086)
  18. EE (1073)
  19. TalkTalk (908)
  20. Sky Broadband (876)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules