Sponsored Links

VGA to HDMI cable

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
anyone know if its possible to convert VGA to HDMI?

long story short. my old Toshiba died on me which was annoying because it was perfect having SVGA, spent several hours going through google hoping to find a smart TV with enough HDMI ports but ended up having to forgo the smart TV options due to either lack of enough HDMI or not VGA port.. worth part being that even when l settled on a TV the specification when it arrived lacked the VGA port (l had a very stern chat with currys and was given refunds for the falsely advertised port as l decided to keep the TV as l needed the replacement).

now l do have a converter that connects to my laptops HDMI to convert to VGA which connects to a VGA port on the TV which the TV sadly doesnt have but l was hoping there was a converter that connects to the laptops VGA to the TV's HDMI in the hopes it will bypass the issue when l change sources l cant change back to the laptop without having to turn the TV on and off again (for some reason it doesnt resync the duplicated desktop as just shows noise if l dont turn off and on my screen again).

wish l had a choice, would have a dedicated monitor but l dont have the space lol which is why l did away with my PC opting for laptops.

the only thing bothering me is like l said, source switching and having to turn off then on my tv for my laptop to see it as an extended screen.

Amazon says yes:

But I'll admit, I haven't had to think about VGA ports for over a decade :) .

to be honest lve always went with TVs that had all connectors though over the years there have been exceptions and online stores lying about connectivity, my last laptop didnt have VGA so l used a converter to switch HDMI to VGA, and l think l came across the one you linked while tired and wrote it off as a HDMI to VGA rather than the other way around, only when l looked again did l notice, that said l noticed another one

going to try it and hopefully it works as intended, decided to try and keep the ability to push sound through my TVs soundbar via USB as lm already using the TVs 3.5mm jack port for my soundbar as l cant use the ARC port (as l have a Roku and PS5 connected, l might get a HDMI switch in future so l can connect my PS4 though its slightly redundant with the PS5) and the last time l tried using the Optical it just screeched at me lol.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
cable l linked seems to work, and lets me keep using my soundbar as well via USB, can switch between my laptop and any other source now without any picture issues that require me restarting my TV or laptop to get the picture back.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5507)
  2. BT (3513)
  3. Politics (2534)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2259)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1970)
  9. Statistics (1787)
  10. 4G (1661)
  11. Virgin Media (1615)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1458)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1388)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules