Sponsored Links

Virgin media free installation - not so free?

Recently had Virgin installed. Just got my e-bill and it's a massive £79.70

Basically they're charging
This months broadband = £24.70
Next months broadband = £25

Which is outlined in their T&Cs which seems reasonable

Then there's this
Installation charge £30

Total bill cost : £79.70

I signed up 15/09/09 when installation was free until the end of September. They've now extended this till 02/11/09.

The original package included phone which I had taken off - but it clearly says "free installation on all broadband tarrifs" both quickstart and engineer installs (I had an engineer fit mine)

Will this automatically be refunded on my next bill or is this typical Virgin Media crap customer service

I would query this with them immediately and also make sure you have a screenshot record of their promotion terms. Just for the record I will copy the exact promotion terms here to confirm what you have said:

Free installation offer: Free installation includes standard and Quickstart installation worth up to £35. This offer is available for online purchases that include cable broadband services (i.e. broadband without a phone line, broadband with a phone line or TV, or all three services) on a 12 month contract. The credit will be applied to your first month's bill. Offer available to new customers only. As part of this offer, Priority install is reduced to £30 (normal price £65). Free installation offer does not include V+ set-up fee (Current V+ set-up fee offer is £75). Free installation offer ends 2nd November 2009.
Looks exactly as you have described.

Sponsored Links
I had the same on my 50meg line they have said its not a install fee but a activation fee

Sponsored Links
I would phone them, their email support is extremely slow.

This is typical of VM. Their promotions department decide to do a special offer. They tell the webmaster to put it on the website. Unfortunately, nobody tells the accounts department, so they charge as normal. When you speak to accounts on the phone, they are very likely say "We don't know of any offers like that. I don't think we've ever done free installation."

If you get that response, tell them to look on their own website for the information.

Just got off a phone call to them.

Waiting time was average, sorting out the problem seemed relatively smooth

Spoke to a customer service representative that agreed with me - saying the installation is free.

He said I can either have it taken off the current bill or credited to the next one. I opted for it to be taken off the current one.

He then said the e-bill won't reflect the changes but I should see a debit of only £49.70 to Virgin Media Payments not £79.70 as mentioned before.

Glad you got it sorted mate

Sponsored Links
is the offer with just broadband?

Me and my housemates just been charged a £30 installation fee for the boradband when the offer said free installation when i bought it. it was installed on the 30th of september and the package was bought a week earlier. is the offer about free installation that was displayed earlier in this topic relevant to the time when i bought it? my housemate rang them up today to tell them that they have charged us but we were finally told that we HAD to pay it, surely if the offer was for free installation the we should not have to pay it!!

Matt

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5470)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules