Sponsored Links

Virgin Media Targets World’s Fastest Man for Broadband Advert

It's ironic really - they want the world fastest man to front up their new supposedly fast service. After all of his showboating, I suspect throttling is a risk for both of them!!

Call me a cynic but just mentioning that you're interested in Bolt gets you the publicity you want whether or not he ever actually signs a contract with Virgin. :hrmph:

Sponsored Links
You're probably right - and he come across as such an arrogant twunt that he probably won't want to be associated with a virgin.

what is the use of being the fastest connection when they use controls to slow you down 99.9% of the time.

I am actually faster on ADSL than I ever was in 8 yrs of Cable.

hence my comment in post 2.

It's almost like their saying "we could give you 50mb....but won't"

Comparing VM Cable to a 100m race eh?

If they wanted to be accurate, the commercial should show Bolt tearing down the track for 50 metres then trying to finish the race after changing into a pair of lead boots. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Comparing VM Cable to a 100m race eh?

If they wanted to be accurate, the commercial should show Bolt tearing down the track for 50 metres then trying to finish the race after changing into a pair of lead boots. :rolleyes:

Best description of the cable industry recently..

It's a joke

I've been having problems with their service since I renewed my contract to them.

Talk about being the fastest service, it's gone down hill since virgin media took over.

They fail to keep their promise of refunds, debiting instead of crediting my account only to give you the third degree when you question it saying they have over paid on refunds. They have not took into account my previous refunds and what they were for, a downgrade in service to 30mbit, £5 over charge should be 23.50 for first 3 months of contract instead of £28.50. Telephone calls on the mobile to a 0845 number they refuse to give the 01, 02 or 03 number that this service is ported to so I'm charged to get updates on their problems.

30 minute plus waits on their support line for a answer, listening to the same 3 tracks over and over again on hold.

Told twice it has been fixed only to find that it's not!!! Poor service..

I'd post a image of the speedtest but it's not letting me but it is 0.19Mbits download and 0.23Mbits upload and a GRADE F Line !!!!! - Worse than dial up!

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules