Sponsored Links

Virgin Mobile Poor Signal

suffolk

I read that Virgin Mobile are changing over in 2021 to use the Vodaphone 4G network
Over the past few weeks my signal strenght has crashed to 1 or even Zero bars
That would be normal for Vodaphone in this area (CO8)
Friends keep complainig they cant get through to me

Is there anyway I can see if the signal I am receiving is from Vodaphone, Virgin, 02 etc, as the Network Status on my phone says naturally says "Virgin"

If you are on android, the Net Monster app tells me I'm on Vodafone, despite the phone saying Lebara (which is correct), so give that a try.

Brilliant App:- comes up with 3G Vodaphone at -110dbm
May have to consider changing to EE, as 02 and 3 are even a worse signal

Sponsored Links
Update: When I tried to get a PAC to leave Virgin, they couldnt issue one for between 3 - 5 days due to an IT failure
When I look on the Virgin Forum it was littered with compliants about the delay in issuing PAC`s going back several days and numerous tales of lack of signal since switching over to Vodaphone
So I have a mobile that is usless and with no PAC cant switch to EE
They must be hemorrhaging customers

It may be worth trying a PAYG SIM on the other networks to try the signal first.

If EE is good, you could also use MVNOs which use the EE signal, I'd recommend using ones that have 4G calling and WiFi calling assuming your phone supports it. BT and 1p mobile both do. Plusnet doesn't!

Update: When I tried to get a PAC to leave Virgin, they couldnt issue one for between 3 - 5 days due to an IT failure
I know this might not help - but I managed to generate a PAC code yesterday morning shortly after your post. I did this via their portal and going through the "Switching" link under "Profile"

I have the exact same problem with them though, Phone and AndroidAuto worked great on EE. The "mastdata" app tells me I'm connecting through the nearby O2 mast and get "good" signal (Strength 65% and RSSI of -90dBm (Excellent)), but its severely hampered. To the point where Android Auto just doesn't have the bandwidth to work correctly.

My work phone is on O2 and that works great. I feel like the mast sharing is giving bare minimum (calls and texts are usually OK providing I sit upstairs and don't move around the house....) but data is poor at best, especially when moving around.

I used the *#800# (OnePlusLogKit) on my OnePlus to force-enable VoWiFi and unfortunately it doesn't play ball (some people have reported this as working for VM & Vodafone sims over on the OnePlus forums) but doesn't for me sadly.

Sponsored Links
Does anyone know when VM changed to Vodaphone
My signal crashed and made the mobile useless, I read on OFCOM I am entitled to compensation for lack of service
Nice if I had a date to work on
My mast is at Sudbury, Suffolk ( 513554 band 20)
The Vodaphone coverage map only indicates 2g available

I thought the migration project was happening for the majority of 2021 in batches, with a view to be 'completed by December'.

You say the coverage map indicates 2G only, but you list a 4G site, do you get some 4G then?

Does anyone know when VM changed to Vodaphone
My signal crashed and made the mobile useless, I read on OFCOM I am entitled to compensation for lack of service
Nice if I had a date to work on
My mast is at Sudbury, Suffolk ( 513554 band 20)
The Vodaphone coverage map only indicates 2g available
As Gavin said it was done in batches last year.

My daughter has VM mobile SIM only contract and was migrated around May. 5G was enabled around October.

They are still doing the migrations as, mine is due in the new few days/weeks as had a text telling me to get a new esim...

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules