Sponsored Links

Vispa is off the net.

I have been unable to get email, or access either the .net or .com websites for the last 12 hours.

Anyone know what is happening????

I am overseas for another 2+ months, so not using my Vispa adsl service, but still as I am still paying for it, I would like to know what is happening.

Is Mr O about ??

Sponsored Links
I tried to access Vispa from here earlier this morning, but the website was down - nothing to do with the Great Firewall

I'll add my congratulations too - nice marriage license photo by the way!

Thanks guys, I managed to get onto the website yesterday afternoon (UK time), and my email program has managed to connect a few times since; but I woke to find about 50-60 error messages saying it couldnt connect overnight (China time).
I hope this isnt a return to the bad old days of a few years ago, when the email server was up and down more times than a whores knickers.
Incidentally, the euphemism used here for such "ladies" is "Chicken".

Li Hong is a lovely woman and I am very happy; but she is not a morning person. We are visiting her parents today and she set the alarm for 8am as it is a long way. I got up at 8, showered, shaved etc, read the news, wrote this,,,,,, 9:04 she is finally coherent enough to get out of bed, even though I have been directing loud "bouncy" music and chilled air at the bed, and stole all the bedding from her!!!:laugh:

I've just woken up at 10 o'clock!
Mind you, I didn't go to bed until gone five. I finally plugged a hole in the family tree (what on earth my East London girl was doing in Castle Hedingham in 1804, I don't know!) which had been bugging me for years, because I just *knew* that a certain Thomas Hale, who was *baptized* 1830 in Stepney with a Limehouse address for the parents, but is convinced that he was *born* in Brighton (except in the 1891 census, when he's marked as blind, so he didn't fill that one in himself), was one of my lot, but I didn't have the evidence, and if I don't have evidence, the person doesn't get included.
Having found what I'd been looking for, I started chasing up the rest of that branch, and I'm terrible when I get a lead on something, I take absolutely no notice of time and just keep going until I eventually fall asleep at the PC, hit my head on the desk, which wakes me up momentarily, and stagger off to bed!
:laugh:

...the euphemism used here for such "ladies" is "Chicken".
Oi! That's my family you're talking about! What with my Hackney girls (who must have bought a job lot of blouses from the market with "Willing for a shilling" embroidered on them) and some of my Suffolk lot, I have so many birth or baptism records with no father recorded that I'm surprised I've traced anything in some lines.
It's a nice respectable family, of course - there's a vicar who shacked up with his niece and had ten illegitimate kids, a couple who "married" by 1896 if you believe them, then the marriage eventually turns up in 1933 when the fellow's real wife dies, a woman who appears as the wife of one fellow in 1901, but then decides that she fancies his brother, so becomes the brother's "wife" in the 1911 census, with the first brother actually telling the truth for a change, he says "married but living apart", a fellow who dies in 1908 but is "resurrected" for the 1911 census, because his wife, who probably didn't even know he was dead - they'd parted company in the 1890s - has since shacked up with a married man and he's using her late husband's name, all sorts!

Stop now!!!! You have nearly convinced me that your real identity is "Two Jags" Prescot !!!!

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules