Sponsored Links

Vispa killing P2P during peak hours and https problems

I havent been using P2P much recently, but in the past speeds have always IMPROVED after 8am; but recently I have noticed my P2P downloads being strangled to death (under 10KB/s) within 30 minutes of peak hours starting, and not returning to 800+ KB/s until after midnight.

I am also unable to access Vispas pages using https at the moment, any other Vispa customers having this problem?? Deleting the "s" gets me there, although only to a slow, stripped down version with no graphs in the control panel.

Hi Captain_Cretin,

We did reply to your original email in to us earlier, but as yet we have received no further response from you.

I have just sent you another email asking if we can remote into your machine to see if there is anything we can see/do to restore service for you.

Regards,

Sponsored Links
Hi, the reply didnt arrive until I had left for work; I have set up remote access and Derek is currently fiddling with my system ;).

I havent noticed any big lag issues, although one particular website has been taking a LONG time to initially load, compared with every other site I visit daily.

Derek has sorted my https problem; I dont understand why, but my firewall has started blocking access to the vispa secure server. Strangely it said the url for the server is invalid when I tried to add it to the white list as well, instead I had to enter the IP address.

Once entered the website works as well as ever (ie lots of links dont work :shrug:).

REALLY weirdly, the firewall issue didnt stop Internet Explorer from accessing the website.

Exactly why the firewall has caused this is a mystery, I havent altered or changed the firewall for more than a year, and everything was working correctly last month.

No resolution of the P2P problem yet though, Derek suggests it might also be the firewall, so I will have a play, but I cannot see how as it works perfectly during off peak hours, and only slows to a trickle between 8am and midnight.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules