Sponsored

Vispa tits-up for the holiday??

jormerod

ISP Rep
FYI

Taken from our service status :-

Network Service Update!
03 April 2010 11:18
We are upgrading our web server operating systems therefore customers may notice that our company websites may appear offline occasionally throughout the day. We expect this to be completed by 5pm providing that there are no complications

Captain_Cretin

ULTIMATE Member
Hi James, perhaps you should read the date on my first post, my email went down and my home page became corrupted early evening on the 2nd.

Your notice (apparently) didn't go up until nearly midday on the 3rd, and only mentions the homepage issue; I checked at about 10am, before going to work.

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
talking of home pages, you really ought to remove the java, theres no way in hell l would consider an ISP if l couldnt navigate the menus, not everyone installs java so would find it hard to browse your pages.

jormerod

ISP Rep
It's JavaScript and shouldn't require Java.

What browser are you using as im not aware of any unsupported browsers unless you have disabled JS?

Captain_Cretin

ULTIMATE Member
I mean my email program couldnt connect to the email server all night and when I tried to log in and check it via my webmail, the page was corrupted and nothing worked.

Also (and it may be a coincidence), I couldn't get HTTPS pages to work correctly; they were either not loading correctly, or failing to respond correctly after entering passwords etc. (I was trying to buy some bits and bobs).

(Before you ask,; router rebooted, and PC rebooted, both left off for 30 seconds; same problems after reboot)

The following evening everything was working perfectly again.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Plusnet £21.99 (*34.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £75 Cashback
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2537)
  2. FTTP (2255)
  3. FTTC (1677)
  4. Building Digital UK (1616)
  5. Politics (1446)
  6. Openreach (1432)
  7. Business (1259)
  8. Statistics (1114)
  9. FTTH (1106)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1059)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (924)
  13. 4G (919)
  14. Wireless Internet (919)
  15. Virgin Media (871)
  16. EE (606)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (587)
  19. Vodafone (535)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules