Sponsored Links

Vispa tits-up for the holiday??

Email has not worked for hours; and my account home page looks very sick; most of it is missing and none of the links work.:crap:

links dont work for me either, thats one hell of a nasty page setup tho.. java links are just.. crap.

wonder how many non-techy users have reached that page and wondered why it didnt work? java just doesnt really work and isnt exactly installed as standard these days, which makes me wonder why they arnt linking properly, kinda messed up tbh.

still by the looks of it there are issues with their database server, if they keep the details on the same server (aka the data is stored on the same server which is required for your username and login details for email) then its pretty easy to guess why you cant login, still for it to go down on a holiday weekend is somewhat weird.. not to put the cat out amongst the pigeons but maybe its a hack attempt, its not uncommon sadly but there are only a few reasons a server would have issues, especially database ones.. tho thats just one possibility, others are quite innocent but regardless it looks like someone needs to SSH into the server and restart a module or two.

I managed to log in, but the page was extremely bare and basic, misaligned and none of the links worked; but then the latter is often true!!

I did wonder if someone had hacked the site, I often get security warnings and mixed secure/insecure items on supposedly https pages on the site.

Sponsored Links
Just checked and my page is now shown correctly, although you have to access the forum via the back door as the link throws up an sql error.

No Posts about the problems though.

Email now works as well.

weird, wonder if its worth enquiring about the issues?

I had another issue later last night; I couldn't get "Verified by Visa" to work while trying to make a purchase at about 12:15am.
So on reflection, perhaps it was a connection corruption issue, rather than a problem with Vispa; on the shopping site EVERYTHING worked except VbV.
So HTTP worked, HTTPS DIDN'T work.

sounds like they need some new servers..

Sponsored Links
I am getting increasingly annoyed with them; speeds are up and down faster than a ***** knickers, I am getting a regular "hiatus" in my connection and their email server is being blacklisted again, so a lot of my mail is being returned.

Going to look at who is doing LLU locally.
(If FireFox will let me!)

Bugger!! AOL, Orange, Talk Talk, and Tiscali are the only LLU's available at my exchange.

As if I would touch ANY of them, even with a disinfected barge pole!!

C&W adsl24 are coming soon tho, are they any good??

actually by the looks of it you can sign up with Aquiss l highly recommend them (have hardly any problems myself and they have been pretty solid)

l would like to note that while Aquiss does use TalkTalk hardware l dont experience anything similar to what TalkTalk users would, lve not experienced any traffic shaping or port blocking.. everythings been perfect apart from my modem placement originally which messed my speed up (damn cordless phone) worth a look tbh especially since they are rated no5 on the top 10 here (and they are extremely flexible on how you want to pay with a nice contract length)

Timeless you are on the old Bulldog network via Cable&Wireless not Talktalk.

I have been on the same network from the start one of the first to move onto this network, I have better speeds than BT plus more stable.

Sponsored Links
not from what l was told... pretty sure l was told they were sourcing my connection through TalkTalk, still if C&W are installing at Capt_Cretins exchange soon and or its been upgraded to 21CN then he can still try Aquiss, whom to be honest l swear by, l love the payment options (paypal makes things easy for me but there are other options) and tho l have had glitches (all connections have them at some point or another) the connections always been solid for me, only thing that bothers me is my distance from the exchange :p

I'll have a look at Aquiss, but to be honest, ANYTHING to do with TT is a turn-off.

Vivaciti use talk talk tails (just the equipment in the exchange) but I think someone else provides the rest of the connection so might be worth asking a few questions on their forum here or at vivaciti.

http://vivaciti.net/forum/index.php

yeah its much the same with aquiss they just use LLU hardware to point things to their network.

Sponsored Links
I will see what speeds are being suggested for my line, and check out the full costs.

No move for a few months anyway, still waiting for the exchnge upgrade which was supposed to start last month!

ADSL24 also use C&W but I'll throw Tesco Broadband into the mix. £19 for line rental + E/Weekend calls + "unlimited" upto 20 meg broadband. 18 month contract but its C+W and you keep your "BT" landline, not full LLU.
My exchange only features the twin horrors of TT or AOL LLU but it's down for C+W too soon, clubcard points might put me in the good books with er indoors.

still considering how well rated Aquiss and that its no 5 on the top 10 ISPs here l think its worth considering, and since they are on a monthly contract basis if you dont like them you have only wasted a month rather than the usual 12 that a majority of ISPs lock you into.

i have been reading up on adsl24, they used to be highly rated but have had trouble in recent years with their suppliers; now they have switched to C&W the reviews are 5* so (fingers crossed)

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5468)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules