Sponsored Links

Vodafone Gigafast

SOWIR

Had Gigafast installed last week. Went for the 900mbps package.

Speeds were good for over a week but now for the last 3 days I'm lucky to get 30mbps down while upload speed remains fine. Line is fine from City Fibre cabinet as installers did a new install at a neighbours property yesterday so asked him to run a quick test.

Tried with a UK Location using Express VPN suddenly speeds increased on download to 150mbps+ turn the vpn off and I'm back to 20mbps-30mbps

Seems somewhere on the vodafone transit network is broken or overloaded and throttling these download speeds. 3 Days waiting for tech support to come back to me.

Anyone experienced similar issues... try the usual stuff changing the dns servers in the router etc. This isn't a line problem or internal network problem but somewhere is broken on the Vodafone transit route.

Im based in West Yorkshire but seem to be using the gateway 84.65.0.1 anyone else with the same gateway not experiencing these slow speeds?

Hmm congestion on Vodafone's broadband network is, sadly, not a new phenomenon on these forums (albeit in the past mostly related to the Openreach side). At this stage there won't be all that many customers on the Cityfibre network, so I'm not sure how much feedback we'll be able to collect on this. Have you complained to Vodafone yet and what did they say?

Ye the complaint is logged with Vodafone and hopefully progressing to tier 3 support on Monday. There technical support is amongst some of the worse I have ever encountered.... How many times do I need to tell them a speedtest using WiFi connection isn't responsible for the speed of 20mbps download and the fact the speed increases ten fold when using a VPN makes me believe there's some issues on there infrastructure.

Hopefully they can get this problem sorted as for the first week the speeds were very good.

Sponsored Links
@SOWIR You are not alone. There are quite a few people on the Milton Keynes Broadband Action Group (MKBAG) mailing list that have been complaining of similar problems for the past several weeks. Vodafone Gigafast has a large footprint in MK and consequently quite a big take up amongst MKBAG members.

Details of the MKBAG google mailing list can be found here: http://mkbag.org/

OP which town/city are you based in? And have you done a traceroute?
This is what I see on Gigafast, also on the 900Mbps package.

ThsFq3S.png

@SOWIR did Vodafone manage to resolve your issue? I'm also in West Yorkshire and waiting for an install. (HD2)

Reading various comments and reviews is making me think twice about chaning over from my VM package.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules