Sponsored Links

Vodafone has the best coverage/status checker

zakir1988

ULTIMATE Member
Vodafone has the best coverage checker status checker 2 in 1.

Vodafone is the only network where you know where your mast is in your area and how many they have.

Definitely EE, 02 and Three should be doing that.

We dont need to rely on cellmapper to find where the vodafone mast is but cellmapper does give more info what type the mast is and more info.

We're a somewhat technical crowd. Whilst I personally appreciate these kind of map layers - I doubt the general public would even notice it. Plus the location of the mast becomes somewhat confusing if it's pointing in a certain direction and someone buys thinking just the distance to the mast is the only thing that matters.

The average consumer has no interest in where their nearest mast is - rather they just want to know that they have coverage in the areas that matter to them.

O2 does that.

Sponsored Links

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210223-074244_Edge.jpg
    Screenshot_20210223-074244_Edge.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 177
Where are you guys seeing this VF mast data?
Can't see anything of the likes.

O2 does that.
The O2 mast data doesn't seem to be up to date, it's still showing a mast that was removed over a year and a half ago here in Kilwinning. :rolleyes:

Where are you guys seeing this VF mast data?
Can't see anything of the likes.
Problem with 02 coverage checker it shows how many mast are in your area and they have a separate page for service status which tell you if a mast has problems in your area or not. You wont know which mast has problems only tells you there is a problem.

Vodafone is much better you know which mast in you area is experiencing problems, doing maintenance work or running fine.

On Vodafone coverage checker you just enter your post code then you will find the mast data in your area how many mast they are, they dont tell you if its a 5G mast only way to find out is use cellmapper or go to the mast it self but if you notice a new mast location on the coverage checker most likely its 5G

Sponsored Links
Problem with 02 coverage checker it shows how many mast are in your area and they have a separate page for service status which tell you if a mast has problems in your area or not. You wont know which mast has problems only tells you there is a problem.

Vodafone is much better you know which mast in you area is experiencing problems, doing maintenance work or running fine.

On Vodafone coverage checker you just enter your post code then you will find the mast data in your area how many mast they are, they dont tell you if its a 5G mast only way to find out is use cellmapper or go to the mast it self but if you notice a new mast location on the coverage checker most likely its 5G
I can't see any mast data on the checker zakir1988, am I using the correct checker?

I've tried zooming in, out and shaking it all about but no mast data.

I know where the Vodafone mast near me is, but it's not showing on the map.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210223-103429_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210223-103429_Chrome.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 131
I can't see any mast data on the checker zakir1988, am I using the correct checker?

I've tried zooming in, out and shaking it all about but no mast data.

I know where the Vodafone mast near me is, but it's not showing on the map.
You have to zoom out to see the mast it shows the mast that are nearby your not close to a mast thats why its not showing

This is Vodafone 5G coverage in my area you can see the Vodafone mast in my area

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210223_104629.jpg
    Screenshot_20210223_104629.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 124
the vodafone mast local to me isn't listed on cellmapper, however my research/findings suggest its in the same location as an o2 mast. vodafone's checker shows the mast in roughly the right place to correspond with that

Sponsored Links
I just found out Vodafone show where the mast is in certain post codes I tried Manchester post code, different posts code in London it shows where the mast is.

This is Vodafone 5G coverage in my area you can see the Vodafone mast in my area
Ill try the browser on my phone, its definately not showing any masts at all no matter if i zoom out or in.

Not a sausage on the phone or tablet here zakir1988.

The mast is just round the corner from me too. (Whitehirst Park Road)

Can you get anything to show in KA136EB (Kilwinning) ?

Must not be enabled for Kilwinning which is a bit pants, tried my old address and it shows the masts fine. :rolleyes: :giggle:

Must not be enabled for Kilwinning which is a bit pants, tried my old address and it shows the masts fine. :rolleyes: :giggle:
Only shows masts in certain areas from what i can see on the Vodafone its super updated where it shows the mast cause there is an Vodafone 5G monopole mast that was installed about a year ago

Only shows masts in certain areas from what i can see on the Vodafone its super updated where it shows the mast cause there is an Vodafone 5G monopole mast that was installed about a year ago
Yes seems to be only certain areas zakir1988, but I agree the maintenance info you get on the masts is very useful.

Perhaps it'll be enabled here when the mast gets 5G in about 20 years time. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Yes seems to be only certain areas zakir1988, but I agree the maintenance info you get on the masts is very useful.

Perhaps it'll be enabled here when the mast gets 5G in about 20 years time. :LOL:
When 4G is being phased out slowly then we will know on the coverage checker its 5G for certain that's like another 10 years

Will we get 5G+ in future before 6G comes out then after 6G we will get 7G where it will tackle the range issues that mean higher frequency longer range lol

Im thinking way ahead

When 4G is being phased out slowly then we will know on the coverage checker its 5G for certain that's like another 10 years

Will we get 5G+ in future before 6G comes out then after 6G we will get 7G where it will tackle the range issues that mean higher frequency longer range lol

Im thinking way ahead
I think i'll be a pile of bones long before the arrival of 6G, never mind 7G :LOL:

Is it me or has their checker been malfunctioning all evening? :-D

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules