Sponsored Links

Vodafone midnight disconnect and other wierdness

I'm currently typing this on my mobile. I use Vodafone VDSL and I've had multiple issues with the line just dropping out completely at exactly or very close to midnight.

Does anyone else notice this?

On 100% of occasions I contact Vodafone to see if they are doing maintenance and the response is always no.

So is this unique to me? Is anyone else on Vodafone and notices this regularly (by which I mean about 5 or 6 times in a six month period)

I've also had major problems with YouTube. Buffering .stuttering or just completely stopping / freezing during playback yet if you start another video it works fine

I have already raised these points with Vodafone both on their forum and by email and literally every time they say their network is working normally and nothing is wrong... But I think it's BS or the call centre person doesn't know/care

Interested to hear from any other Vodafone users. Not experienced this with any other DSL provider so far and I've used all the major ones.

A predictable line drop might well be caused by a spike in EM interference from a faulty device or power adapter somewhere, which triggers at around the same time. This could be within your home or potentially somewhere on the same street, it can be very hard to pin down if that's the cause.

Are you about to post your router stats (attenuation, noise margin, errors etc.) as that may tell us more about the line condition?

Sponsored Links
Hi Thanks Mark and ManofMeans...

Just wanted to say that this never happened with Sky DSL using the same modem and socket... although that doesn't mean much I guess...

I will post some modem stats as soon as I get home and hook up a cable to the openreach modem (I'm not using the VF supplied rubbish but the fault still occurs even if I use it) the problem is while the time it happens is fairly static .. the date on which it happens is unpredictable.

Last edited:
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5513)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2297)
  5. Business (2261)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2043)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1394)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules