Sponsored

Vodafone(o2) Slow 5G RollOut - Cumbria

Hello,

Just a bit of a moan I guess, like everyone else in Cumbria covered by Vodafone. Really surprising that the only mast (1) VF have to live for 5G in Cumbria, is in town with a population of 2,000 people.

Is anyone else feeling the pain of a slow rollout in their county?

Unsure if this is a north/south divide that VF/O2 seem to have, EE and Three seem to be making progress across Cumbria.

Does anyone have any inside information on the expected date, or what could be some of the issues? I am aware it was a big press push, and local "vigilante groups" in 2018 for Carlisle as prior to that Vodafone had some dire speeds in Carlisle and no 4G offering before Vodafone made any progress.

Jamie

Lucian

ULTIMATE Member
Hello,

Just a bit of a moan I guess, like everyone else in Cumbria covered by Vodafone. Really surprising that the only mast (1) VF have to live for 5G in Cumbria, is in town with a population of 2,000 people.

Is anyone else feeling the pain of a slow rollout in their county?

Unsure if this is a north/south divide that VF/O2 seem to have, EE and Three seem to be making progress across Cumbria.

Does anyone have any inside information on the expected date, or what could be some of the issues? I am aware it was a big press push, and local "vigilante groups" in 2018 for Carlisle as prior to that Vodafone had some dire speeds in Carlisle and no 4G offering before Vodafone made any progress.

Jamie
I'm in London, zone 5, EN2 post code.
No 5G from Vodafone or O2.

EE has offered 5G in the area for a couple of years now and Three launched it last year. Both work great.

It seems like a pattern to me..

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Three have shared and non shared 5G masts all over bradford, there's only about 3 Voda/O2 5G masts i know of though. Their rollout is appalling. Even then, these masts can only push about 200mbps whereas EE can do 400ish and Three can do 1.2Gbps at quiet times, 700mbps at others.

dabigm

ULTIMATE Member
O2 stuck a 5G pole of wonder near us in January.

It still isn't active. But there's another one in our town centre, and boy is it slow. 100mbit if you're lucky, with a direct line of sight. Their rollout here has been extremely poor. Vodafone only stick 5G masts along the A1 next to us, not where people actually live ... and O2 well I dunno what takes them so long... the mast they put up recently replaced an old one so all the stuff (power, fibre etc) is already there.

About north south divide, well I'm in the southern part of the country, and I see people in Scotland with much better 5G speeds and more coverage. I'd be less surprised if it were your local council denying mast installations though... Just like Bedford council :mad: .. bunch of luddites

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £20.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £21.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £20.00
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £25.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4118)
  2. BT (3152)
  3. Politics (2118)
  4. Building Digital UK (2026)
  5. Openreach (1969)
  6. FTTC (1922)
  7. Business (1834)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1606)
  9. Statistics (1510)
  10. 4G (1379)
  11. FTTH (1371)
  12. Virgin Media (1277)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1241)
  14. Fibre Optic (1235)
  15. Wireless Internet (1234)
  16. Vodafone (927)
  17. EE (906)
  18. 5G (898)
  19. TalkTalk (821)
  20. Sky Broadband (787)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules