Sponsored Links

Vodafone problems?

Dean A

Casual Member
Hi, I've been experiencing problems with my connection the last few days.
I'm on the 100mb package though city fibre and I just wondered if anyone else had been experiencing issues?

This is pretty average from the last few days across wired and WiFi on 4 different devices.

IMG_20220309_164112.jpg

Hi, I've been experiencing problems with my connection the last few days.
I'm on the 100mb package though city fibre and I just wondered if anyone else had been experiencing issues?

This is pretty average from the last few days across wired and WiFi on 4 different devices.

View attachment 2214
What issues are you actually getting?

You’re receiving 100meg as far as the image describes.

The upload should be 100 being on city fibre so that's not quite right, high jitter and I'm seeing upwards of 20% packet loss. And even the Vodafone site is giving me timeouts.

Tracert is also timing out after the first hop.

I'm just trying to find out if others have be experiencing the same before I spend hours on hold to them.

Sponsored Links
Terrible problems today im on 900 vodafone/cityfibre couldn't get anything above 5mbps to any other speed test server appart from vodafones own server. Getting really bad packet loss streaming is touch and go right now. Quite a few people over on the vodafone forums complaining of the same issues. Ping has gone up to 15-20ms. also getting timeouts on some hops. Tried contacting support but live chat wasn't working for me and if i ring ill just end up getting annoyed with their generic off shore clueless agents.

8.1% packet loss and 124ms jitter over a 16ms ping should hopefully be enough to prick up the ears of any second line support with brain activity and a pulse.

Terrible problems today im on 900 vodafone/cityfibre couldn't get anything above 5mbps to any other speed test server appart from vodafones own server. Getting really bad packet loss streaming is touch and go right now. Quite a few people over on the vodafone forums complaining of the same issues. Ping has gone up to 15-20ms. also getting timeouts on some hops. Tried contacting support but live chat wasn't working for me and if i ring ill just end up getting annoyed with their generic off shore clueless agents.
I gave them a call and explained and mentioned that it didn't just seem to be me suffering, they said they will be in contact tomorrow about an engineer visit within the next 72 hours.

I know it's frustrating but maybe call them?

Now showing as expected, maybe because it's not peak hours.

Attachments

• IMG_20220309_231627.jpg
    IMG_20220309_231627.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 95
It could be an intermittent equipment fault, somewhere in their network. It may appear to be related to load/peak periods or that could be coincidence.

Make sure they give you a fault ticket /reference so it can be followed up.

Sponsored Links
Mine is also running fine back up to 940 both ways and latency gone back down to 7-8 will continue to monitor it.

Was okay over the weekend (while voda was monitoring the line) but now back to this this evening, everything is just timing out.
IMG_20220314_205815.jpg

Back on the phone tomorrow I guess.

Sigh.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5513)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2297)
  5. Business (2261)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2043)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1394)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules