Sponsored

Vodafone unlimited data

neagle85

Casual Member
That's quite a lot of 'UHD Linux distributions' you have been downloading ;) Only, messing with you, I have no idea what you do with your data. Did they ask you or did you just tell them it was for personal use and none of their business?

I did read the acceptable usage policy. It is not clear to me what actually constitutes personal use but I would think I fall foul of it if I use it to connect to work when working from home. In reality home working won't consume much data for me.

I can certainly see why operators would want to limit use of phones for bulk SMS spamming etc.
didn't ask too many questions, I just said watched loads of YouTube, downloading games on pc and PS4.

I actually contacted them twice, once using the app using chat, she was very helpful, just told them I use it for personal use and she came back and said don't worry your on ulimited

second time I phoned the next day and the guy said I was using too much and I should really use less even though I said it was personal use.

so that's when I contacted the CEO to clarify, was all cleared up with the CEOs office.

I suspect that business use would be seen as your making money from it or its used to run business services, though I suspect there is cross over one some of those services these days as I have backups running azure and some other bits and pieces but all for educational use.

have to say that Vodafone's has been one of the best cellular network used so far, it's a shame that their broadband ain't run on the same network tbh

neagle85

Casual Member
I have an update!

So i hit the magical 3TB or 3072GB on their portal and basically got data limited, only site you can visit is vodafone.

I essentially ended getting it reset so im back to 0, but the troubling information i got was that all accounts are hard limited at 3TB's - which doesnt make it an unlimited service....

Not sure what to make of that

If in doubt don't go over 3TB is seems.

kommando828

Casual Member
Lucky if I get near 1th a month so that shared between 2 SIM cards would not be a problem, but good to know the limit even if it can be reset.

neagle85

Casual Member
So the restriction was a mistake and was never meant to happen, they obviously do look at the traffic to see if it is classed as abuse but it would appear that unlimited is unlimited in this case which is good.

not sure how many people would actually test this theory though :p

Last edited:

Mark8253

Casual Member
I tried a PAYG SIM to test the service. Good strong signal on my TP-Link router, but never more than about 8 Mb/s download speed. Vodafone admitted they throttle PAYG, but only to 24 Mb/s. Is 800 MHz always slow?
To answer my own question - Vodafone coverage map says strong signal indoors and router gave 3/4 bars signal, but attach an external antenna and 8 Mb/s suddenly became a reliable 30 Mb/s (even though it is supposed to be throttled to 24 Mb/s). Today’s learning - LTE always benefits from an external antenna, even 800 MHz, with its better penetration.

johnf

Casual Member
So the restriction was a mistake and was never meant to happen, they obviously do look at the traffic to see if it is classed as abuse but it would appear that unlimited is unlimited in this case which is good.

not sure how many people would actually test this theory though :p
Can you elaborate on what happened to make you say that? I've read your above posts and it seems a part of the story was missed out as to why you concluded that.

I'm using the exact same sim as my home internet and although I'd be happy with 3Tb a month, but knowing it was truly unlimited would be even better!

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*34.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £60 Cashback
  • Origin Broadband £23.00
  • Vodafone £23.00
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2488)
  2. FTTP (2145)
  3. FTTC (1645)
  4. Building Digital UK (1590)
  5. Openreach (1402)
  6. Politics (1399)
  7. Business (1224)
  8. Statistics (1089)
  9. FTTH (1047)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1023)
  11. Fibre Optic (964)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (908)
  13. Wireless Internet (894)
  14. 4G (885)
  15. Virgin Media (850)
  16. Sky Broadband (592)
  17. EE (582)
  18. TalkTalk (572)
  19. Vodafone (506)
  20. Security (409)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules