Sponsored Links

Vodafone unlimited data

I'd agree 3TB is super generous, although equally if they're disrupting access at that point (even if it's later reset) then it may be worth sending a complaint to the ASA. This will at least encourage Vodafone to be clearer in their terms:

I'd agree 3TB is super generous, although equally if they're disrupting access at that point (even if it's later reset) then it may be worth sending a complaint to the ASA. This will at least encourage Vodafone to be clearer in their terms:

It is covered in the acceptable usage policy in my opinion

The history of these things suggests that the ASA would consider the AUP to be too vague (covers more than just 'unlimited'), but that's why it's often necessary to hand such decisions over to a watchdog so they can decide.

If there is a limit why not just not state what it is exactly, or are they trying to make it vague so people think its a lot less than 3TB and so self limit.

If there is a limit why not just not state what it is exactly, or are they trying to make it vague so people think its a lot less than 3TB and so self limit.

I think they are trying to market it as the only true "unlimited" service with no limits as other providers are stating they have softcaps.

interestingly, even if you were to go onto a business contract the same 3TB softcap is still imposed, its across all contracts regardless of any difference.

I think they are trying to market it as the only true "unlimited" service with no limits as other providers are stating they have softcaps.

interestingly, even if you were to go onto a business contract the same 3TB softcap is still imposed, its across all contracts regardless of any difference.

What speeds can you get via DSL etc?

Just to state that my problem is not with the 3TB "softcap" as I agree it is generous.

My problem is with their wording and vagueness.

In my opinion, they shouldn't be allowed to use this....

Is unlimited data really unlimited
No matter what Unlimited plan you choose, you’ll have unlimited data to use in the UK. Our plans come with different maximum mobile data speeds, to match how you use your data. Our Unlimited Lite plan has a maximum mobile data speeds of 2Mbps, Unlimited has a maximum speed of 10 Mbps and our Unlimited Max plans let you access our 5G network at full speed.

If indeed they are imposing a softcap at 3TB

Why do you feel the need to push it to the extremes of what is possible?

Its very heavy users that do hit limits that push the price up for everyone else to subsidise them. Your pushing the boundaries of what possible and its pushing the bills up of 10 (likely a hell of a lot more) other customers so you can do an experiment of what is fair use?

Is it to prove a point or to brag you have used 3TB of data a month for several months over and over on a mobile network and got finally limited and you want to complain?

Why do you feel the need to push it to the extremes of what is possible?

Its very heavy users that do hit limits that push the price up for everyone else to subsidise them. Your pushing the boundaries of what possible and its pushing the bills up of 10 (likely a hell of a lot more) other customers so you can do an experiment of what is fair use?

Is it to prove a point or to brag you have used 3TB of data a month for several months over and over on a mobile network and got finally limited and you want to complain?

If i was truly abusing it i could easily pull 30-40TB's if i really wanted to if they had truly no limits.

I'm just stating don't call it something its not if your not willing to back it up... ever user is different, don't try and paint everyone with the same brush and don't try to judge people on what they use it for.

I'd quite happily pay more as it is a good service, just if they are going to limit it in such a way... dont call it unlimited.

No you couldn't abuse it as after 3tb you would be limited.

Your pushing to the point where other people are paying for your data usage and it seems your doing it just to make a point.

Acceptable use? How about not impacting the network so much your making other lite users pay for your usage?

Sorry but its people like your self that if you had your way we would still have data caps... how did anything ever change unless you pushed it to its limits....

We have a unlimited service now as the technology and the want for it is real.

just to point out "not that i am pushing it to its limits" only the one that is imposed, not a technical limit.

As it is internet access on any platform apart from dedicate business connections etc. It is a shared platform.

Some one using 3TB a month isn't only going to impact the speed of other people on that mast.

50 gig data on a mobile used to be what 50 quid say, your expecting to put 60 times much data usage though, your delusional if you think theres not going to be a fair limit imposed

As it is internet access on any platform apart from dedicate business connections etc. It is a shared platform.

Some one using 3TB a month isn't only going to impact the speed of other people on that mast.

50 gig data on a mobile used to be what 50 quid say, your expecting to put 60 times much data usage though, your delusional if you think theres not going to be a fair limit imposed

Well its easy then, all they need to do is state they have imposed a limit and what that limit is.

I think your find that technology has caught up in the last few decades as well, regardless of the technical limits of say a mast, any well run network will priorities traffic such as voice in this case.

You could have several medium usage users in an area bring a mast to its knees if it hadn't been sized accordingly.

I think the only reason my speeds are high and fairly consistent for the most part is that the masts are located at the top of a football stadium, so its sized for a few thousand users, concurrently - if this wasn't the case I'm fairly sure my speed would be a hell of a lot more variable.

This ins't an excuse, its just a fact... I purchased an unlimited service and expect to be able to watch a 4K movie without it stopping halfway through, unless it is something they are open and upfront about.

Just to state that my problem is not with the 3TB "softcap" as I agree it is generous.

My problem is with their wording and vagueness.

In my opinion, they shouldn't be allowed to use this....

Is unlimited data really unlimited
No matter what Unlimited plan you choose, you’ll have unlimited data to use in the UK.

If indeed they are imposing a softcap at 3TB

I agree with you. And this is not vague. It basically says, is it really unlimited? Yes.

When really it should said "No, but its a generous 3Tb"

I cant actually log into see what ive used as My Vodafone page seems messed up.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules