Sponsored Links

VoIP Landline porting problem.

Norbreck

Casual Member
Good morning. I have switched from Vonage to Gigaclear VoIP. I arranged my Vonage landline number to be ported to Gigaclear. For the last 4 days, since Gigaclear emailed me to say porting successful, my original landline number appears on both services. Each supplier tells me this is not possible. Should I wait and hope for a resolution ?
Thanks.

my original landline number appears on both services.
So, if you call your landline number, how does the call get to you, via Vonage or Gigaclear?

If you make outbound calls how are they routed (although that may be down to how your ATA/VoIP Client is configured if both accounts are still active)?

So, if you call your landline number, how does the call get to you, via Vonage or Gigaclear?

If you make outbound calls how are they routed (although that may be down to how your ATA/VoIP Client is configured if both accounts are still active)?
Outbound from either service carries the same caller id. Inbound received on either, according to what is connected to box (I haven’t tried simultaneous inbounds).

Sponsored Links
Inbound received on either, according to what is connected to box (I haven’t tried simultaneous inbounds).
I can understand that outbound can go to either provider (and on to the called party) as long as the SIP accounts exist on both providers SIP servers. The caller ID being the same would not cause any problems.
How an inbound call to your number could be routed to both providers simultaneously is beyond my imagination

This is fairly common. Calls from the same network as your old provider come through on your old provider because they haven’t yet disconnected the line and they’re routing calls internally, calls from anyone else come through to the new line because it’s been ported over and the line is correctly set up.

Just wait a few days for your old provider to cancel the line down, or ask them to do it manually.

It’s not uncommon for this to happen and is just all based on how your calls are being routed. Happens not all that infrequently on mobile to mobile ports as well.

It looks like Gigaclear probably resell Vonage.. and I expect Vonage to Vonage reseller migrations are rare or buggy.
As long as Vonage isn't billing you any more I suspect you can ignore that the direct to Vonage service exists and just unplug their equipment and never log in again.

Sponsored Links
Vonage cancelled my a/c on day 5 post port, despite my tickets specifically requesting continuing with them. So, create new a/c (new box required), forego 18 days’ unexpired billing on old a/c. Helpful (eventually) operative grants postal refund on box delivery. Upside is monthly cost still £16.00, no increase in 3 years. Original landline number re-port from Gigaclear expected, along with new box via DPD.
Hope Gigaclear voip can be cancelled charge-free, as initially promised……

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5507)
  2. BT (3513)
  3. Politics (2534)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2259)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1970)
  9. Statistics (1787)
  10. 4G (1661)
  11. Virgin Media (1615)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1458)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1388)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules