Sponsored Links

VPNs and Gmail

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
long story short, lm contemplating setting it up so my VPN connects when l boot up, problem l have noticed is that when l use my VPN my Gmail accounts see that as suspicious activity and lm locked out and have to change passwords.

suffice to say, is there a way to bypass purevpn to login to my gmail accounts? or a way to stop my activity looking suspicious every time the IP changes.

You dont have to change passwords, just confirm it is you. I have had this happen several times, usually on a device I dont use very often.

Now HOW to confirm, I cannot remember, even though I had to do it only a few weeks ago!!

I seem to remember it has something to do with the password recovery system,, so do you have this set up with an alternative email address/phone number??

My mistake was using another gmail address, which then also got blocked as I was using the same old netbook that gmail had just blocked.

every time lve used my VPN and logged in its told me to change my password, wont even login if my IP changes that much it means lm going to end up constantly being asked to change my passwords.

Sponsored Links
l had a random thought about connecting through a proxy.. through thunderbird but at the moment l need to speak to my mate about setting one up.

I would raise a tech support query, I have NEVER had gmail insist I change the password, even when logging in from various locations around China for 6 months, using all sorts of dubious methods to get around the GFWoC.

(Housing company landline, internet cafes, all sorts of public and hotel wifi networks, mobile tethering on ChinaUnicom, andMcDonalds - next to the UK Consulate)

seems lve gotten around the issue using two step authentication (with the google authenticator app), as long as lm not asked to verify on a regular basis l can live with it.. next issue is how to choose the fastest servers.

seems lve gotten around the issue using two step authentication (with the google authenticator app), as long as lm not asked to verify on a regular basis l can live with it.. next issue is how to choose the fastest servers.

It's better, if you worried abt the phone battery malware on the phone etc, you can also setup Yubico FIDO key it's only £17 works really well no need to type the code.

Sponsored Links
lots of cheaper ones out there but if you want to keep it with your keyring, you need some thing that can stand abuse. no issue with Yubico mine even got wet.

l have very few reasons to leave the room with it tbh.. plus its a keyring one so l can hang it on a hook lol. it looks pretty sturdy and lve seen pretty good reviews on it

You could get a VPN with a fixed IP address - that's what we have.

However it won't work if you try to watch Netflix on it - they detect the VPN/proxy and block you until you disable it and they can see a UK based IP that they recognise and permit.

Sponsored Links
l havent been blocked from netflix yet with my current VPN.. that said about all lm doing is checking in not watching content.. l just occasionally update my dads watch lists with new stuff he wants me to add to his "to watch" which is much easier than doing it on the Roku.

as for the static IP, it sort of defeats my purpose of looking like lm well travelled lol. tho l would be interested in finding a good site that will test how good my VPN is.. would be interested to see if any of my data is leaking.. (tho the sites lve found seem to suggest my IPv6 isnt leaking, tho l did have a DNS leak for all of a few hours which was rectified by changing my DNS servers to google based ones (tho it would be interesting if there were a better non US/UK DNS provider l could use, just as well get used to the VPN if the snoopers charter comes in and secure my privacy as much as l can).

PureVPN has an option called split tunneling to separate traffic into with-VPN and without-VPN which can solve out your problem. You can redirect your important traffic or sites through without-VPN connection and rest of the traffic via with-VPN connection.

the trouble lve found with PureVPN split tunneling is that you have to open up things you want to go through the VPN through the VPN app..

truth be told l wish it were possible to create special shortcuts which would act like normally opening the browser so you didnt need to use the VPN app to open everything you wanted to go through the VPN "or" everything gets pushed through the app and on the occasion you want to open an app and bypass the VPN then use the app to launch the browser or program you wanted to bypass it..

l had asked, its something l plan to suggest given the chance as l was recently invited to their closed group.

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules