Sponsored Links

Waiting list for my cabinet for fibre (cabinet full)

My prospective ISP doesnt know and I don't know whether BT Openreach will tell me, but basically I can't order Fibre at my cabinet (number 22) as there is no capacity.

Is there anyway I can find out where I am in the queue and (how long is a piece of string) but how long it might take for me to get activated?

Every day it takes makes me the worst Dad in the world for moving house!

Thanks in advance!

Generally you could either try contacting Openreach directly (I'd suggest their Twitter help channel https://twitter.com/OpenreachHelp as OR's official website is a bit tedious) or you could find out what the superfast broadband project is for your area (what county are you in?) and try asking via the help contact on that page.

Problems with capacity can take anything from a few weeks, to a few months and sometimes even over a year to be resolved; depending upon the amount of work involved (adding a new line card to an existing cabinet is easy but if they have to build a new cabinet then that takes a lot of prep and cost). Let's hope you're in the former.

Generally you could either try contacting Openreach directly (I'd suggest their Twitter help channel https://twitter.com/OpenreachHelp as OR's official website is a bit tedious) or you could find out what the superfast broadband project is for your area (what county are you in?) and try asking via the help contact on that page.

Problems with capacity can take anything from a few weeks, to a few months and sometimes even over a year to be resolved; depending upon the amount of work involved (adding a new line card to an existing cabinet is easy but if they have to build a new cabinet then that takes a lot of prep and cost). Let's hope you're in the former.

Thanks Mark - I am hoping that the people who have left my property had fibre and I can just jump on their slot as they are leaving - I doubt it, but you never know!

Sponsored Links
From what I read people can be on the waiting list for some time, sadly the Openreach way of dealilng with waiting list needs a lot to be desired. Once an order has been waiting 90 days on the waiting list, Openreach cancel the order leaving the ISP to reorder this person then goes to bottom of the stack.

My prospective ISP doesnt know and I don't know whether BT Openreach will tell me, but basically I can't order Fibre at my cabinet (number 22) as there is no capacity.

Is there anyway I can find out where I am in the queue and (how long is a piece of string) but how long it might take for me to get activated?

Every day it takes makes me the worst Dad in the world for moving house!

Thanks in advance!

I am in exactly the same situation...

Before I moved to my current address I checked and I was advised by Sky that fibre was available and the could get me connected. Once I had moved and they tried to connect me I was told they had no connections available and fibre was not an option. I then got in touch with BT who told me they could connect me. Brilliant. BT sent an engineer round to do the work. Two hours in and the engineer said he couldn't get me connected that day and a new work order needed to be raised to solve the problem. Three days later I received a text from BT to say that there are no connections available and all I could get was a standard copper connection... I then spent a lot of time on the phone arguing with BT and trying to understand how this could happen, both my wife and I work form home and if I had known a head of time I probably would not have moved to this house. I nearly ended up divorced over this...! :confused:

Can anyone tell me how I get on a 'waiting list' please? BT are useless and I get told something different pretty much every time I call. I have resigned myself to calling every Monday to check but the chances of me calling at the right time are extremely low. I have also tried Sky and TalkTalk but no joy.

Any help and advise would be much appreciated.

Aquiss add people to waiting maybe if you contact them you could get some answers.

Sponsored Links
I have not had any problems since my move 10 years ago.

Aquiss sorted out my issues with a rogue ISP, getting SLAM'ed by Talk Talk, and BT not wanting to install a new line without waiting for months.

Got me a new line and reconnected to the WWW with a FTTC connection in 10 days.

On the few occasions I have had to ask for tech support, they have gone above and beyond to get me back up and running. I even had the boss stay on an extra hour after normal support time finished to help me sort out an early issue.

When a storm flooded and damaged the cabinet wiring, Aquiss got onto BTOR within minutes of my fault report, and had my line fixed within 36 hours; my neighbours ISPs delayed reporting the exact same fault for up to a week, and they were off-line for 5- 10 days.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules